get laid off for medicaid?

iluvcc
on 1/6/09 2:37 am
I am currently working for a company that is really slow and the buzz is we might get laid off - but of course no one will say for sure. (the employer)

anyway, i just lost my medicaid, i had it because 2 years ago i was unemployed til i found this job. 

so i start the lap band process back in 9/08, and my hmo thru medicaid said they would pay and the surgeon had had other patients on the same ins so took me as a patient.

anyway, im all done with my tests, all i have left is 2 more months of the 6mo diet, and the psych eval and some blood work. 

and all of a sudden i am re-evaluated for my medicaid and they say i make to much and now cut me off.  arrrggg

but with work soooooo slow, i thought  i could talk to my boss and if they are going to lay people off - why not just lay me off now.?  then i will be eligible for the medicaid again, since i will be on unemployment.  and keep going with progress?  i know it sounds crazy to give up job in this economy but my minor child that is my way of getting medicaid in the 1st place is 15, i only have a few years left to qualify and a parent with a dependant child.

my company's insurance has wls as an exclusion, they wont pay.

i also wonder if i get laid off in 6 months or more will the surgeon and insurance company use all the tests that i just completed over the last few months or will i have to do them all over again and will medicaid be willing to do it twice within a certain time range?

sorry for so long
just hopin i might meet someone that had the same situation.
thanks
Ladysweetthang
on 1/23/09 12:28 pm - NJ
you can apply fo njfamilycare insurance for low income familys...they will still provide insurance for you...your just gonna have to pay its cheap though try the website.

here is a fAQ from the site

What if my family makes too much money to qualify for NJ FamilyCare?
Parents at higher income levels can purchase health insurance for their children at reasonable rates through the NJ FamilyCare ADVANTAGE program administered by Horizon NJ Health if they qualify. The cost is $137 per month for one child; $274 per month for two children; and $411 per month for three or more children. To learn more, please visit http://www.horizonnjhealth.com/members_nj_familycare_advanta ge.asp or call 1-800-637-2997.
www.njfamilycare.org

Most Active
Recent Topics