Looking for a support group in central Jersey

GBella
on 1/4/09 1:25 am
My surgery was done in Dover, NJ...I work in Warren (Somerset County) and live in Flemington (Hunterdon County)...does anyone know of a support group in Hunterdon or Mercer Counties?  Thanks so much.  Ro
jovigirl
on 1/4/09 7:10 am - washington, NJ
Hi I live in Washington Warren County.I attend BArix support group meetings in Langhorne PA.Its a great group of people & well worth the ride.I believe EAston Hospital has one too

MeLinda 
 Goal is 165 or thigh high boots whichever comes first

GBella
on 1/5/09 7:07 am
Hey, jovigirl, thanks so much for the information.  Could you give me a little more information on the Langhorne, PA support group such as a contact person, telephone number, or when the next meeting is.  Maybe we could commute together or even start our own group!  Thanks for the info.
GBella
jovigirl
on 1/5/09 7:40 pm - washington, NJ
The meetings are in the lobby @ Barix which is right across the parking lot of the Oxford Valley Mall.They have meetings the 3rd Wednesday of the month @ 7 pm & also the 1st Saturday.Dennis Belk runs the group.He is wonderful.Check out the PA forum on here that's where most of us from there hang out.Commuting sounds like a plan if you wanna go on a Wednesday.I work Sats so I never get to those

MeLinda 
 Goal is 165 or thigh high boots whichever comes first

Tom C.
on 1/4/09 8:21 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Here is a link to a post I did with all the Support Groups in NJ .. Hope it helps

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/NJ/a,messageboard/action,replies/board_id,4833/cat_id,4433/topic_id,3777559/page,1/#30249019
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
GBella
on 1/5/09 7:09 am
Tom,

Thanks so much for the link, it was very helpful.  You should be very proud of yourself for compiling such an extensive list.  My hat is off to you!

Ro
Liz R.
on 1/7/09 1:09 am - Easton, PA
Good Afternoon! I am in Easton, PA - about a 35 minute drive from flemington. Here is the info on my support group copied and pasted over from the PA board.

OK so now that all of the holiday "indulgences" are coming to a close it is time to get back on track with high protein, low fat, low carb meals! OK so I am sure that we all did great through the holidays, I managed to stay away from the sugars and things that would make me sick - but I did eat more carbs then I should be.

So I digress! SATURDAY January 17th - noon until-??? we will meet to cook and support one another! What recipies would you like to see featured? What dishes would you like to be seen made WLS friendly? WE usually try and do a vegetarian dish, a "meat" dish and something for our sweet tooths!

PLease submit any ideas in this thread or e-mail me at [email protected]

My address is 65 Raubsville Road, Easton PA 18042. Let me know if you need help with directions. PM me if you would like my phone number in case you have trouble finding us.

Hope to see as many of you there as possible!!

Liz
Most Active
Recent Topics