New

Steveo527
on 12/31/08 6:10 am - NJ
Hi, I'm new here, I will be undergoing my lapband procedure in a few days, I'm a little nervous, but in reading some of the other posts, I feel a bit more confident.  I look forward to contributing any news/progress I have throughout the process.
jovigirl
on 12/31/08 6:16 am - washington, NJ
Welcome to the boards.Best of luck on your journey

MeLinda 
 Goal is 165 or thigh high boots whichever comes first

Sheri A.
on 12/31/08 6:44 am
Good luck, someone I work with (male) used Dr. Schmidt for RNY about 3 years ago and was very pleased...he is so thin now! Hope you have good results with lapband.
mystic
on 12/31/08 11:14 am - manchester, NJ
hi there
welcome to the NJ board and best of luck with your surgery. you will be just fine!!

any questions post here, we can try and help and also keep us up to date on your progress

be safe and well, happy new year, jacki

(deactivated member)
on 1/1/09 6:22 am - NJ

Welcome & Good Luck!

AndreaC
on 1/1/09 7:44 am - NJ
Hi and welcome to the NJ forum.  Good Luck, keep us posted with your progress.  Don't hesitate to ask questions, no matter what.  Share insights, rant and rave.  Feel great.
Andrea
Danielle B.
on 1/2/09 9:27 pm - Hamburg, NJ
Welcome Steve and good luck!!!  I'm sure you'll be wonderful.  And you are in really good hands....Dr. Schmidt is FANTASTIC!!!!  I love him and feel so blessed that I made the decision for him to be my surgeon.  And Hackensack Hospital is also great.  You'll be in really good hands.
Keep us posted on your progress!!!!

Danielle
Steveo527
on 1/3/09 12:22 am - NJ
I had my surgery yesterday.  As far as I can tell, everything went well, I got to go home yesterday as well.  The gas pain kind of sucks, but between the pain medicatioin, gas x strips and walking around, it is more tolerable.  I was amazed that I was able to come out of the anastesia as well as I did, the last time I had surgery, I woke up groggy and feeling pretty bad from the anastesia, whereas this time, after about 30 minutes I felt well enought to get up and walk.  After being put in my room, I started walking as soon as they let me, it seemed that when I was walking, I felt so much better.  Towards when I was getting ready to go home, I think I may have had some new gas pains arising in my abdomen though, but this could possibly have been from sippng to much broth, once I got home and layed down, I felt better.  Today the gas pain is less, but there is obviously still some soreness.  Dr. Schmidt was very helpful so far and as far as I can tell, a great surgeon.  Thank you for all of your posts so far.
Fizzy
on 1/6/09 8:19 pm - Jersey City, NJ
Hi Steve, and welcome.  Congratulations on having your surgery.  I am a patient of Dr. Ewing who is one of Dr. Schmidt's partners.  You are in good hands with Dr. Schmidt and any one in Hackensack Hospital or the practice.

Good luck on your journey...

Chris

Most Active
Recent Topics