Stomaphyx / Revision SurgeryFeedback

Heather S.
on 12/28/08 6:20 am
All,

Its been a long time since I've posted, I had RNY in March of 2003 and had great results, life, and 2 children later and some weight gain, its time for a revision.

I have heard some things about revision surgeries including the Stomaphyx just looking to see if anyone out there has had it and how they feel about it. 

Your help is appreciated

Heather
Nannette
on 12/29/08 1:39 am - Toms River, NJ
Hi Heather - I had the Stomophyx revision in October 2007 with Dr Garber in NY -- alhtough my pouch is stretched, it is not unusually so, however, my stoma is much larger than it should be.  Save your money - it was a waste of $9,000 -- I am now heavier than I was when I had the revision.  I had no feeling of restriction before or after and the ony weight loss I had was on the two week liquid diet.  As soon as I could eat solid food, it all came back on.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news -- I had so hoped it would be the solution for me!

Nannette

Nannette
Lap RNY 6/16/03
Revise to DS 8/15/11

DrMichaelSakowitz
on 12/29/08 6:00 am
One of the guys in my support group has had good results.  Remember though that it is a temporary fix.  He fould it helpful at reteaching him to chew carefully etc.

Dr Mike
Michael L. Sakowitz, Ph.D. is a psychologist (NJ 35SI00148700) and member of ObesityHelp's Mental Health Board.  By posting, he makes no promises, guarantees, representations, or warranties, expressed or implied, and assumes no duty or liability with regard to the information contained herein.  This post is not intended to diagnose or treat any physical or mental condition.  No professional services are being rendered and nothing is intended to provide such services or advice of any kind.  No website or informational post can take the place of seeking professional help.  If you need professional help of any kind, please seek the services of a professional or dial 911.
BeanieC
on 5/9/09 12:32 am, edited 5/9/09 12:33 am - berkeley heights, NJ
My husband had it done, waste of time and money..he hasn't lost 1 lb since his revision last October.
Most Active
Recent Topics