Need Info Quickly!!!

amysue36
on 12/25/08 9:54 pm - Pittstown, NJ
Hi All,
I haven't posted in a while due to some family issues.  All is well now with one MAJOR exception...Dr. Andrei and I received a letter that he is not allowed to perform my surgery.  My insurance will ONLY cover surgery by an "in network" doctor.  Why they paid him all along for everything else is just beyond my comprehension.
So, I found 2 "In network" doctors that I do not know at all - do any of you have any info on the following doctors:
Dr. A. Abkin or Dr. D. Jean-Baptiste
I am at my wits end since my surgery was scheduled for 1/22...now I have no clue when I can get a doctor and get in. I'm just a mess over this.
Any help would be VERY much appreciated.
Amy
derfaisa
on 12/25/08 11:37 pm - Hamilton, NJ
I did not use either one, but I heard nothing be good things regarding Baptise.  

surrender44
on 12/26/08 12:13 am - union, NJ
I too have heard all good about both doctors however Dr. Abkin will be doing my surgery.  I met him at the last seminar and I trust he will bee great.  He is also in my network.  I referred to Dr. Strom however he is not in my network.  Look up his website here on OH and call.  Good Luck, Carolyn
hockeymom8016
on 12/26/08 1:12 am - NJ

Dr. Bertha, who is partners with Dr. Abkin, is my surgeon.  Both surgeons are excellent and have excellent reputations amongst their peers and patients.  Since Dr. Bertha was my surgeon I am partial to him but also was very impressed and comfortable with Dr. Abkin.  I found their office staff to be very helpful and professional and made my journey very easy.  If you go to their website you will see a lot of positive patient comments.  

3grlsmom
on 12/26/08 3:08 am
 HI There.....Dr. JB is wonderful.  Not only did he do my lapband but he has done both types of surgery on 13 friends of mine over the past few years!!  and everyone adores him.  Not only is he a great surgeon but his staff is small and there is a great personal connection.  I know that he has a rather large group here on OH!! Good luck on your journey to thin..........
Karen in NJ 

Sheri A.
on 12/26/08 4:22 am
I am pretty sure Dr. JB can do your surgery around the same time. Call Christina on MOnday in the office and make an appointment. My advice is to meet both doctors and see which group you feel the most comfortable with. Both doctors have good reputations. Check both after care programs and all out of pocket expenses before you make your decision. Dr. JB did my RNY in Nov. of 06 and I was very pleased. Good luck.
amysue36
on 1/7/09 7:44 pm - Pittstown, NJ
you were correct Sheri!  I'm thrilled!!!
Miriamgnz
on 12/26/08 8:16 am - NJ

Thumbs-up for Dr. Bertha and Dr. Abkin (my doctors) they are awesome. I had my surgery 11 months ago and it was the best experience.

Miriam

Starting weight 276/Current Weight 168/Goal Weight 170

Allison C.
on 12/26/08 9:45 pm - NJ
Dr. JB is amazing.  And his office staff is top-notch!  You will not go wrong with them at all!!

They are always there for you.  They respond to e-mails in a very timely manner.  I just can't say enough about them.  Give them a call and set-up an initial appointment.  I'm sure you will be pleased!

Feel free to ask me any questions.

amysue36
on 12/27/08 1:26 am - Pittstown, NJ
Thank you ALL for your responses.  I will meet with both and make a decision.  Your feedback has been so helpful. 
I can't wait to join all you losers!
Amy
Most Active
Recent Topics