Essex County Anyone ???

(deactivated member)
on 12/17/08 7:38 pm
Looking for a local support group or maybe just some other people who are in the area. I am 4 months out from a Duodenal Switch and MILES away from my support group. I was a revision from an RNY. It would just be nice too have someone nearby who's also a WLS looser. Will be willing to have lunches or just coffee with local member. A different surgery is ok. Dana
Tom C.
on 12/17/08 11:28 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
slimmingirene
on 12/18/08 9:28 pm - roselle, NJ
I live in Roselle and would like to join a group also but can't find one locally. Maybe we can have coffe or something. I had lap band surgery 04/07 and plan on a tummy tuck next month. How are you doing with your weight lost journey wishing all the success. 
Irene Johnson  url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wtczJf3/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wtczJf3/weight.png[/img]
[/url]
AndreaC
on 12/19/08 11:20 pm - NJ
Hi Dana,
I live in Springfield (Union County), not so far from you.  I would love to have someone/group that would meet to have the support. My RNY was 4/30/08 and I'm doing well. Lunch, coffee (decaf). I'd like to hear your story.
Contact me, please, Andrea
alexasmom2005
on 12/21/08 9:22 am - Hillsborough , NJ
Hi Andrea -

Dr Goyal is my surgeon too !!! Did you know that he know has support groups in his office. I know there is a schedule.

Jenn

AndreaC
on 12/21/08 12:37 pm - NJ
Hi Jenn,

Thanks for writing.  I had no idea that he had a support group.  Which office, Union?  Have you been there to the support group.  Did you attend the holiday party   OK, three questions, enough!  I like Dr. G and his staff, I have been treated very well and am so pleased with my results so far.  Hope you have had a similar experience. 

Thanks,
Andrea
Angelaaangie
on 12/26/08 8:11 am - Newark, NJ
Does Dr. G have a support group in Union?
Purple Passion
on 12/23/08 12:09 am - Little Falls, NJ
RNY on 08/06/07 with
Hey Dana,  I'm close by in Little Falls.  Would love to get together.

Rachelle
Looking for a possible revision.
257/190/150 

Michelle S.
on 1/1/09 2:05 pm - North Jersey, NJ
Hi Dana - I know that the Monclair Bariatric Center has a support group, but will only let you attend if their doc (Dr Strom) performed the surgery.   I know this cuz I live 5 min from the office & was turned away when I tried to attend since I just moved to NJ this past year & had my surgery in manhattan

So, since the Montclair staff is rude & unwelcoming, I travel an add'l 20 min to Hackensack Univ for their mthly meetings.  The next one is Jan 8th (normally it is the 1st Thurs of the month, but that would have been today - and no one wanted to meet on New Years Day)

Here is a link for the meeting info: http://www.lapsurgery.com/BARIATRIC%20SURGERY/DatesSupportGr oup.htm

Hope to see you next week!

Michelle

Lilypie - (HPu4)
msenviichiq
on 1/20/09 9:28 am - Bloomfield, NJ
yes im from bloomfield 18yrs and just had lapband surgery 11.11.08 and 21pounds down

Most Active
Recent Topics