Post your WOW moments

laura9488
on 11/22/08 9:20 pm - Denville, NJ
Ok gang.  The NJ board is getting busy.  Lets keep it going.  Could everyone post their wow moments?  It may help with motivation during this holiday season and inspire newbies.
Not that i am a veteran either. Maybe we can intro ourselves and put weight lost?

My name is Laura and I have lost (as of today) 76 lbs.  I was a bit derailed by halloween candy but am back on track.

My wow moments:
Wearing my original weding rings from 17 years ago finally.

Shooting down the slides at Great Wolf indoor water park.

Riding all the rides at Disney and walking all day without pain
hockeymom8016
on 11/23/08 1:02 am - NJ

My biggest wow was when I told a friend I had lost 129 pounds (I am now up to 144 gone) and she said "Wow! That is what I weigh.  You have lost one of me!" Whenever I hit a stall I remember that and it helps. 

Being able to take a plane to my daughter's college graduation without worrying about fitting in the seat.

laura9488
on 11/23/08 5:07 am - Denville, NJ
That is awesome.  i flew to FLA the same way.  It is a relief to fit!
Jodi M.
on 11/23/08 6:18 am - NJ
Hi Everyone...

I already "tooted" my own horn on the MB this week, but my WOW moment came this week when I learned I joined the Century Club.  Down 100lbs in 7 months, not too shabby (although I still look that way cause I can't find a second hand/Salvation Army store that has any decent size 18/20 work clothes...grrr)
   Keep the thread rolling... I love to read people's WOW's.

~Jodi

laura9488
on 11/23/08 11:39 am - Denville, NJ
I bought dress pants at walmart about $14, they are comfortable and come out of the dryer ready to go.  Congrats on your sucess!
Jodi M.
on 11/24/08 8:40 am - NJ
I have become the Walmart queen.  It's the only way I can stay clothed for work these days.  The dress pants actually aren't bad at all, of course not the best quality but easily disguised with a nice shirt or sweater. ~Jodi
Plum1967
on 12/2/08 8:24 am
Do you have a BJs Wholesale Club near you?

That's where I've purchased all my pants for the past year or so... average price about $15 for Gloria Vanderbuilt dress slacks.  I have several pair in black and gray... I can't wait until I'm ready to go buy my "final" wardrobe, but I can tell you that what I have has served me very well.

~wendy

I've partnered with Team In Training to raise funds for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.

If you want to help fight blood cancers, please consider donating at http://pages.teamintraining.org/nj/rnr12/wnystrom.

Thank you for your support!

mystic
on 11/23/08 7:38 am - manchester, NJ
hi

im jacki, and i have lost 122 pounds, but put back four this summer which seem to want to stay with me

i guess a really wow moment was when two people i know, walked right past me and did not know it was me.  they apologized and i grinned from ear to ear.

every day i stay thin, is a wow for me after a lifetime of battling the weight.  i turned 60 last week and hope to turn 70 and maybe 80 at this weight.

happy turkey to all, remember to enjoy the day with family and friends, and dont do toooo much gobbling.  my surgeon had wise words, he said a holiday is just another day and i try to remember that most of the time

be safe and well, hugs, jacki

Michelle F.
on 11/23/08 8:57 am
My WOW Moment was when I went into Old Navy and bought a size 14 Misses pants and they fit!!!!!  I also bought a leather jacket in a Misses size Large and it even buttons!

Michelle

Band to Sleeve Revision 3/1/11

(deactivated member)
on 11/23/08 11:02 am - NJ
Hi all

I know I have alot to be thankful for - what a great time of year to share!   I'm Vicki and I'm down 130 lbs since surgery - that's a WOW in itself!

It's hard to say what the biggest WOW moment was but the best few were:

1.  Comfortably flying to Alaska - doing ALOT of walking around - flying back comfortably

2.  Getting into my skinny jeans (size 20) and meeting a new friend that made sure I now have a NEW pair of skinny jeans to work towards!!!!!!       :-)  (Thanks Marjorie!)

3.  Having people I haven't seen in awhile not recognize me and say "WOW you look great!"   (Boy, doesn't THAT feel good!!!)

4.  Feeling great & getting my LIFE back!!!   I know that when I turn 50 in January I am going to be one  **** HOT **** 50 year old !!!  Woooooo Hooooooo!  

5.  Finding so many WONDERFUL supportive friends here at OH!!!

Thanks for sharing your WOWs!!!!  
HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL!   

Vicki
Most Active
Recent Topics