Protein

Miriamgnz
on 11/20/08 2:14 am - NJ

Im post-op a little more than 10 months, and about 100lbs less...but still having problems with protein...

please tell me what type of protein you use and try to describe flavor for me please.

much love,

miriam

Starting weight 276/Current Weight 168/Goal Weight 170

adam_
on 11/20/08 2:25 am - Boynton Beach, FL
Congrats on losing 100 lbs...you look great!

I get the majority of my protein from actual food (meat, nuts, soybeans, etc).
For supplements I use GNC 100% Whey Protein
Vanilla for my Oatmeal
Chocolate Caramel for my shake (mixed w/ mil**** and a bit of coffee)

Why dont you give us an idea of what you're eating every day and how many grams of protein you're currently consuming?

-Adam - 6'6" - From 450 lbs to GOAL in 9 months...
Phase 1: Completed 10/2008.
Phase 2: Weightlifting - Goal: Add 40 lbs of muscle. Completed 2/15/2011.
Phas 3: Cut to 10% body fat.
MY STORY:  imthebiggestloser.blogspot.com/

hockeymom8016
on 11/20/08 2:42 am - NJ
I only drink one protein shake and that is by choice.  When I went to my last follow up with the Nut (I have same Dr as you).  She told me I should be getting all my protein from food. I use the Nectar Iced Tea.  I funnel it into a water bottle and add a few drops of coffee to make it less sweet.  Smart Forme makes a delicious sugar wafer cookie that has 15 grams of protein and tastes pretty close to a real sugar wafer. Specialty Cheese also has baked cheese which I like. 

laura9488
on 11/20/08 7:02 am - Denville, NJ
I also use the nectar iced tea and also lemonade flavor.  i tend to like the thinner protien drinks.   I also order from smartforme on line protien powder in packets with 15 g of protien in them.  they have lemon, wildberry, cranberry, orange.  They aren't as sweet as the other nectar flavors and are easy to travel with as they come in envelopes/single serve.   I am also addicted to protien hot chocolate which i order from lindora or smartforme on line.  Or I mix chocolate protien powder into swiss mix sugar free.  I am only 4 mos out so i still do two supplements a day. soon i guess i will move toward mosre food and only one protien drink.
I have found with any protien powder with a thicker consistancy I need it to be cold.  i put it in blender with frozen fruit, and ice cubes.  You can also add sugar free pudding mix, 1 tblsp to you shake to give it flavor.
hope this helps
Laura
Miriamgnz
on 11/20/08 11:01 pm - NJ

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR RESPONSES.

MY DAILY BREAKFAST IS:

1. CUP OF COFFEE AND 2OZ OF CHEDDAR CHESEE= 15G PROTEIN

MY LUNCH IS:

1. 1/2 OF A TURKEY AND CHEESE WRAP OR TUNA = 15+ G OF PROTEIN

MY DINNER IS:

1. CHICKEN AND RICE OR BEEF AND NOODLES= 30G PROTEIN APPROX

IF I EAT A SNACK IT IS USUALLY A GLASS OF MILK OR YOGURT OR ANY TYPE OF FRUIT.

I WILL TRY SOME OF YOU SUGGESTION...

THANK YOU,

MIRIAM

Starting weight 276/Current Weight 168/Goal Weight 170

Most Active
Recent Topics