Just for you, Tom---Holiday WLS Recipes!! (Kinda Long)

JenStock1970
on 11/18/08 11:14 am - Bay Shore Of, NJ
Here is a collection of (stolen) recipes from the other boards that I have pilfered for our holiday cooking pleasure!  Tom I also sent you these in a PM.  Happy Guiltless Noms, People! 

Pumpkin Protein Cheesecake Pudding (Shari's Recipe--Jupiter6)

Recipe is this: box of SF FF Cheesecake pudding, 1/2 cup canned pumpkin, 1/2 scoop protein, 2 cups milk, pumpkin pie spice, splash of SF caramel syrup.  Whisk all together & chill til set.

Makes 5 half cup servings: 130 calories, .1 fat, 12 carbs, 12 protein, 1g fiber

PUMPKIN RICOTTA MOUSSE
1/4 cup canned pumpkin (100% pumpkin, NOT the ready made pie filling)
1/4 FF ricotta cheese
1 heaping tablespoon of Splenda Granular
2 tablespoons of vanilla protein powder
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice

Mix all ingredients together, top with a dollop of SF Cool Whip and enjoy! 

PK’s Protein Pumpkin Pies

22 Fl oz can pure pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling, PLAIN pumpkin)
6 scoops vanilla protein powder (mine has 130 cals, 23 protein per scoop)
12 oz can evaporated skim milk
6 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar twin brown sugar substitute (or Splenda brown sugar blend if you don’t dump)
1 tbsp cinamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp nutmeg (or substitute pumpkin pie spice for the cinnamon, cloves, ginger, & nutmeg)

Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Mix sugar and spices in a small bowl, set aside. Lightly whip 6 eggs in a large bowl, add in pumpkin and mix thoroughly before sprinkling in sugar mix. Blend protein powder and milk in a separate bowl with a hand mixer, then add to the pumpkin bowl mixing well before filling 18 lightly greased muffin tins. You can also use the paper or foil lined muffin cups. Reduce oven temp and bake at 350 for 10 minutes, reduce heat again to 300 and bake for 40 - 50 minutes. Pies are cooked when a knife is inserted into the middle and comes out clean.

Pumpkin Spice Microwave Cake (this is the illegitimate child of Michelle's &  Shari's recipes lol)

1 egg, beaten (or if you use Egg Beaters, then 1/4 cup of that)

1/4 cup canned pumpkin

3 tbsp Arrowhead Mills Multigrain Pancake Mix (or use whole wheat flour)

2 tbsp SF caramel syrup (DaVinci or Torani)

4 packets Splenda

2 tbsp nuts/berries trail mix, chopped small (mine had almonds, cranberries, raisins, & pumpkin seeds in it--whizzed it up in the mini chopper)

Several good shakes of pumpkin pie spice

2 tbsp SF vanilla or butterscotch pudding mix powder

3 tbsp vanilla soy milk

1 scoop Vanilla Unjury whey protein isolate (or whatever kind you use)

Mix dry ingredients-- pour into wet ingredients in a glass measuring cup. Do NOT cook in plastic-- it heats too fast. Cook 3-4 minutes on HIGH. Let it cool, dump it out and slice it-- I'd slice into 3 or 4 slices. (I made 3 thicker ones)
ICING:1 oz RF cream cheese per layer of cake (you make 2 slices of cake, double this, etc.)drop of vanilla extract, splash of caramel DaVinci, a little soy mil****il spreadable, Splenda if you like it sweeter.  Mix with a spoon until clumps are gone and spread on a cool cake slice. Tastes better when you let it refrigerate a bit.  If you don't like cream cheese, you can use ricotta cheese, just whiz it up in the food processor a bit to make it smoother.
NUTRITION (this is a rough estimate) PER SLICE (if you make THREE slices!)141 calories2.25 fat13.3 carbs15.4 protein

Michelle (Eggface) has the chocolate & lemon versions of the micro cake on her blog www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com.  The chocolate one is heaven!  Haven't tried the lemon yet since I've been on a pumpkin kick here lately.  What the heck, here's the chocolate one!

Shelly's 5 Minute Sugar Free Chocolate Cake

1 Egg, beaten
3 Tablespoons Milk (I used Vanilla Soy)
2 Tablespoons Sugar Free Torani Syrup (I use Caramel, recipe calls for White Chocolate---Raspberry is good too for a Black Forest version)

2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
3 Tablespoons Arrowhead Mills Multigrain Pancake Mix

2 Tablespoons Cocoa
1 scoop Chocolate Protein Powder (I used Click, yes I am hooked lol)
Pinch salt
1 Measuring Cup or Microwave Safe Mug
**I also put 2 tbsp of PB2 in mine--it was a chocolate-coffee-caramel-peanutbutter conglomeration but it was still pretty good**

In a measuring cup or microwave safe mug, Mix egg, milk, syrup and oil and combine thoroughly. In a separate bowl, mix pancake mix, pudding mix, cocoa, protein powder and salt. Tip dry into wet and stir till combined.  Nuke in microwave for 2 minutes. Let it sit for three or so minutes (it pulls away from the sides) before tipping the cake onto a plate. Yields 4-5 slices

HW 495/Consult 426/SW 363/Current 182
"If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster."-- Clint Eastwood

"Don't compromise yourself.  You are all you've got."-- Janis Joplin

laura9488
on 11/22/08 9:16 pm - Denville, NJ
Jen
Thanks for posting.  I have seen these recipes a zillion times but having you post again got me up and cooking.  I made the chocolate protien cake.  Whew. So good .Amazing what we consider good now.LOL. Thanks for posting these recipes
Laura
JenStock1970
on 11/25/08 2:04 am - Bay Shore Of, NJ
You bet!  Glad it got you cooking again!  And your daughter is a cutie! (Gets it from her Mom).
HW 495/Consult 426/SW 363/Current 182
"If you want a guarantee, buy a toaster."-- Clint Eastwood

"Don't compromise yourself.  You are all you've got."-- Janis Joplin

Most Active
Recent Topics