10 Month Anniversary!!!!

Melissa C.
on 6/6/08 4:26 am - KEANSBURG, NJ
Hi Nancy, Here is some answers to some of your questions.  Yes, I will help you if you need help with what to eat.  My journey was hard at first though.  I developed a side effect after the surgery.  I ended up with acid reflux.  So I was unable to eat  so yes I was on liquids for at least 3 months after the surgery, so I did lose a lot of weight.  I am okay now as long as I take my prilosec everyday.  Take your time, introduce food slowly.  Yes, you will take a Multi vitamin everyday, your surgeon will probably give you a prescription for that once you are leaving the hospital if not you will have to take a liquid or chewable vitamin until you are able to swallow pills again.  Probably about 2 weeks after the surgery.  I will admit I ate what I wanted before the surgery because I new I would never be able to eat whatever I wanted again, but the day before I had only liquids because you have to drink that stuff to clear your bowels.  After about 3 months, when I was feeling much better, I started eating foods, but taking my time and chewing, chewing, chewing.  Remember not to drink while you eat.  30 mins is about how long you should wait to drink after every time you eat.  Remember to take your time when eating.  Remember Protein is the key.  It is very essential that you eat a lot of protein. Protein shakes will be your (3) meals for the first 2 weeks, then you go from there, like you said soft foods, pureed foods, and so on.  You will be fine.  If you are ready to make the change you will do just fine.  As each month goes by you will see what you can tolerate and what you can't.  My e-mail address is [email protected].  If you e-mail me I will give you my phone number.  So you can call me when you have any questions.  I pray that your surgery is successful.  Good-Luck!!!!

Melissa C

nkneipp
on 6/5/08 8:28 am - KEANSBURG, NJ
HI, I ALSO LIVE IN KEANSBURG.  I AM SCHEDULED FOR SURGERY ON 6/16/2007.  I AM EXCITED BUT ALSO WORRIED I WONT DO THE RIGHT THINGS AFTERWARD.  I HAVE PURCHASED PROTEIN DRINKS AND SOME BULLETS.  WHAT ELSE DO I NEED?  CONGRATS ON YOUR BEING A LOSER AND WOW YOU HAVE ALMOST REACHED YOUR GOAL.  YOU SHOULD BE SO PROUD.  IS IT TRUE THAT YOU STAY EATING SMALL PORTIONS?  GOOD LUCK ON THE NEXT 10 POUNDS.   SINCERELY,  NANCY
Melissa C.
on 6/5/08 10:21 pm - KEANSBURG, NJ
Hi Nancy, Where do you live in Keansburg?  Maybe we can get together, and I can tell you about my journey so I can help you.  I am down another 4 lbs, so I only have 6 lbs to go!  I feel so good!!!!  If you have any questions, ask away!!!  I will be praying for you on the 16th!!!  As a matter a fact on the 16th I will be exactly 11 months out.  Good Luck!!!

Melissa C

Most Active
Recent Topics