Support from oh members that had surgery in the States?

dreana1974
on 4/28/06 3:54 am - Manassas, VA
RNY on 05/09/06 with
Has anyone felt like they were getting the cold shoulder from patients that had surgery in the U.S.? Everytime I post on my sates forum, someone always ask me why Mexico when we have Dr. here? Don't get me wrong there are a couple of people who are nice but for the most part I feel like I am getting the cold shoulder. I am trying to find support close to home so I will have a base group here when I get back. Any suggestions on what I can do here? 1 week and 2 days till I'm a loser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hugs, Andrea
bonnied
on 5/2/06 11:32 am - St. Albans, VT
You're going to hear that for the rest of your life unfortunately! I laugh when I see their face drop when I say Mexico now! If others refuse to open their mind and stop believing stereotypes, oh well. You cannot change the opinions of others, so don't waste your time on it. Put that energy into looking so fit and healthy that they are jealous! I've found that a lot of people around me say crap about Mexico out of jealousy. They are jealous that I found a way to get the surgery I needed, and jealous that I succeeded! Bonnie lap rny 6/3/05 264/163/149
dreana1974
on 5/2/06 11:41 am - Manassas, VA
RNY on 05/09/06 with
Thanks Bonnie! You look great! Can't wait till I am on the losing side. 1 more week!! Hugs, Andrea
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views