Anyone else have Dr. Ortiz??? Please share your story...

housecatgirl
on 4/20/06 8:16 am - lake elsinore, CA
Hi, I am getting banded at the end of June bt Dr. Ortiz. I am nervous and wondering if anyone else on here got baded by him? Any advice on what to bring and/or how to prepare woujld be appreciated. Laura
Robbin
on 4/20/06 8:16 am - OK
Hi Laura, I have not been banded yet but hope to use Dr. Ortiz in Jan. I would like to keep in touch though since you are about six months ahead of me. Someone will post on here, it may take a day or two. You might also post the same question on the CA board. Best wishes, Robbin
housecatgirl
on 4/20/06 8:17 am - lake elsinore, CA
Thanks, I did that. Have you had a consult with Dr. Ortiz yet? If you live too far he will talk to you on the phone, too. Laura
kkagan
on 4/22/06 1:25 am - San Juan Capistrano, CA
Hi Laura, I was banded by Dr. Ortiz on 4/13. He is wonderful, his staff is wonderful, the facilities are wonderful. As you can tell I had a great experience. Pack light. Are you staying at the hotel? If so, they seem to be great. You can order room service with broth and jello. You might want to bring some Gatorade. However, I live close like you, I live in San Juan Cap. Therefore, I had my preop and surgery the same day, spent one night in Dr. Ortiz's surgery center and then went home. I had a friend go with me and she stayed in the hotel but I did not. I was a bit sore and the gas pain did not come on until day 4 for me but I was back to work on Monday. Don't get me wrong, I was tired but it is doable. If you have any other questions I would be happy to answer them. Good luck
housecatgirl
on 4/22/06 5:02 am - lake elsinore, CA
Hi Kelli, I used to live close to San Juan in San Clemente. =) Was room service expensive? I was just thinking about packing some stuff I just started drinking called vitamin water. It will be summer so I probably won't want broth but the jello might be interesting. Thanks for responding. How were you feeling after surgery? Laura
kkagan
on 4/23/06 9:58 am - San Juan Capistrano, CA
Hi Laura, I am not sure of the cost of the room service because I didn't stay there at all. I went right home after the one night in the surgery center. The vitamin water should be fine but you might want to ask the nutritionist just to make sure. I am feeling great and to be perfectly honest I really didn't have much down time. I mean I moved some what slowly for the first couple days and had some gas pains to deal with but other than that I feel great. Have you checked out the chat room on Dr. Ortiz's website? www.lapbandforum.com. There is some great information there as well.
housecatgirl
on 4/23/06 10:11 am - lake elsinore, CA
Hi Kelli, Yep, I'm a lapband forumer too.=) Laura
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?