Tipping in PV?

dreana1974
on 4/17/06 2:24 pm - Manassas, VA
RNY on 05/09/06 with
How much should I tip in Mexico? I know I need to tip Nathalie, bell boys and taxi drivers, I am just not sure how much. Did you tip Nathalie every time she did something for you, or did you just tip her at the end of the trip? Is there anyone else I should tip? Also, is it safe to go shopping on your own there? Thanks, Andrea
denaly
on 4/17/06 3:53 pm - Eugene, OR
RNY on 09/11/06 with
It is totally safe to go shopping in Puerto Vallarta. You should tip about the same as you would here such as if you take a taxi and it is 120 pesos around 12 dollars you should tip the driver 20 pesos which is about 2 dollars. I have been to Puerto Vallarta for the past few years every summer for vacation but I have not had the surgery yet. As for tipping Nathalie I would tip once at the end with a larger sum like 200-400 pesos which is about 20-40 dollars. I know when I have someone in PV that does reoccuring things for me I tip once at the end a larger sum. Tipping should be comfortable for you and the people in PV appreciate it so much. I hope this is helpful... Diertra
dancingqueen
on 4/18/06 6:34 am - NY
RNY on 03/14/06 with
yikes!!! i never tipped nathalie! i hope that wasn't a total faux pas! i just thought of her as part of the medical team, and never even considered whether i should tip her. did everybody else down there tip her? as far as tipping in restaurants, etc., someone told us 10% was about right. i would give $1 to the men driving the little trollies around the resort, from time to time, but i saw lots of people who didn't tip them at all. taxis---i tipped 10%. i hope that was right!
jamisonma
on 4/18/06 6:53 am - Loveland, CO
Lap Band on 03/17/06 with
Stephanie, Dont feel bad. I didnt tip Nathalie either.... I assumed the same thing..that she was part of the medical staff and I never considered tipping her either. I am sure we are not the first ones to do that. -Michelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views