More questions

Kaye21
on 4/16/06 9:45 am - Broken Arrow, OK
I have two questions. #1 If I don't have a doctor do I need to get one before I get the surgery? My doctor and I had a falling out and I'm afraid that I'm going to get a doctor that doesn't support my decision to go to Mexico. #2 Am I allowed to take Dramamine on the way there if my surgery is the same day? I get plane sick bad!
bonnied
on 4/16/06 1:52 pm - St. Albans, VT
bonnied
on 4/16/06 1:52 pm - St. Albans, VT
It's very unlikely that your surgery will be the same day. I've been on this board for 2 years and most have their pre-op testing the first day, surgery the second. You need a primary care physcian! My doc actually tried to talk me out of going to Mexico! He did agree to follow up with me, but I'm sure in the back of his mind he thought he'd never see me again because I was going to die in Mexico! Now, he is so happy for me. Every time I see him, we are both excited because my health, physical and emotional is 100 times better! It's so nice to see him and discuss my good health, and to hear "keep doing what you are doing, you are doing great!" Instead of "we need to up your diabetes meds, your blood sugar is out of control" and "what are you going to do about your weight!" Going to the doc is actually fun! He only sees me every three months now, and its a WOW moment every time! Good luck! Bonnie
Kaye21
on 4/16/06 2:05 pm - Broken Arrow, OK
That is really awesome that you did really well and still are. My doctor is really good at hurting my feelings so I'm gonna have to find another one. He always makes me cry.
bridgetok
on 4/16/06 3:47 pm - Sanford, NC
I'm sorry your doctor makes you cry. That's aweful. I would definately find a new doctor! You are the customer, remember! I use a family clinic, so I get one of 5 available doctors, and they are all very nice. ALso, what Bonnie said, you will probably have pre-op testing the day before your surgery. I actually arrived 2 days before my surgery. One day to travel and settle in, one day for pre-op tests and on the third day I had surgery. Bridget
Kaye21
on 4/17/06 12:34 am - Broken Arrow, OK
Does Dr. Joya converse with your physician before surgery?
jamisonma
on 4/17/06 1:43 am - Loveland, CO
Lap Band on 03/17/06 with
Are you looking at having RNY or Lapband? I had lapband with Dr. Joya on March 17th and all pre-op testing and surgery was done the same day that I arrived... -Michelle
bjjantzen
on 4/17/06 4:13 am - Katy, TX
RNY on 03/17/06 with
I had the RNY with Dr. Joya on 3/17/06. I arrived in PV at 4pm in the afternoon went straight to the hospital and had my blood work and EKG done then went in for surgery around 8:30pm that same day. Depending on who you are going to have the surgery with just ask them if you can take dramamine for your flight. They will be able to direct you. They are very good about things like that. I had a gazillion questions that I kept bugging Gerald and Nathalie with at Dr. Joya's office. Good Luck and Safe Journey! Barbara 246/209/125???
(deactivated member)
on 4/17/06 10:24 am - Phoenix, AZ
I had my surgery the same day. RNY with Dr Joya 3/13/2006 We arrived in Puerta Vallarta were picked up at the airport and driven to the hospital, arrived at apx 2pm and by 4:30pm was being taken to surgery. I didnt have time to get too scared
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views