New to this site also! :help:

AllstateAgentWI
on 4/13/06 3:23 pm - Watertown, WI
RNY on 05/16/06 with
Hey Everyone, I am Christina from WI - I am seriously considering going with Dr. Joya in PV. I have tried everything to get the RNY surgery and it seems like everytime I turn around another door is shut on me! I am not affraid of the surgery, with all the research I have done I am anxious/excitted but not scared. I would love to hear what some people did for after care after coming back from PV and also is there any pre-blood work I can get done to get this rolling? Also how long is the waiting list to get a date booked? I would love to hear from you if you have had RNY with Dr Joya and any incite you can offer someone who is tired of the doors always being shut when it comes to this life changing event! Christina
LinZhi's Mum
on 4/13/06 10:31 pm - Wadsworth, OH
RNY on 11/30/05 with
Christina, I am so sorry to hear about your insurance. It sucks big time! I been there too! I had surgery RNY with Dr. Joya on Nov 30th, 2005. I had a wonderful experience, and have not regretted it once! I am not sure about getting pre lab.....Dr. Joya's team will be doing lab, ekg, xrays and all the pre op stuff before your surgery. I flew in about noon, was in hospital, getting undressed and attacked by nurses..getting lab and so forth. I has surgery scheduled at 4 pm, if everything was back. Actually.....we got started little late, but I think it was getting everyone ready!! Goodluck Christina. If can answer any other questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Hugs, Sandy
jamisonma
on 4/14/06 2:05 am - Loveland, CO
Lap Band on 03/17/06 with
Christina, I had lapband with Dr. Joya on March 17th. Once you decide to pay your deposit, you can have your surgery as early as 1-2 weeks later. -Michelle
(deactivated member)
on 4/14/06 2:26 am
RNY on 08/16/05 with
Christina, Dr. Joya is a very good choice. I had my surgery with him on Aug. 16, 2005. You should check out my profile for pictures and my experience on Puerto Vallarta. You don't need to do any blood work. They'll do all the pre-surgery tests when you get there. You could have your surgery in 2-3 three weeks after putting your deposit down if you want usually. They are really good about getting you in. It's not like the 6 months or a year I've heard of other people having to wait. Best wishes to you! Kina 220/131/120
havertwins
on 4/14/06 5:51 am - Rhinelander, WI
RNY on 08/07/06 with
Hey Christina, I am from Wisconsin too. I have been thinking about going to have Dr. Joya do my surgery also. My husband and family are really not for it though. They know that I need the surgery, put just don't think I should be going to Mexico to have it done. I can't afford to have it in the States. If I can talk my husband into letting me go for it, maybe we could do this together??? Let me know what you think. I have applied for a loan thru his site and have been approved for the whole amount, so just need to talk my husband into letting me go. Let me know what you think. Tammy Haverkampf Rhinelander, WI 715-362-2857 [email protected]
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views