I think I have picked Dr. Joya and about me

(deactivated member)
on 4/12/06 10:57 pm - Moberly, MO
It seems like the people on here that have had Dr. Joya do there lap RNY are happy with the whole process and I feel that he is what I am looking for in a doctor. We are trying to refinance the house so that I can have surgery, so hopefully it will go through!!! I am desperate to have this surgery and have been for years. My insurance will never cover wls for me because my blood pressure is under control when I take my meds. That is just the craziest thing I have heard. I am 29, weigh 321 pounds and am 5' 3" tall. I currently take 10 meds for various health problems and have a family history of diabetes and heart problems (my mother had both and passed away in September 12 days after quadruple bypass). I have to sleep with oxygen on, but do not have sleep apnea, so insurance won't cover surgery. I have been married for 11 years and we have 4 children. I just want to live long enough to see all of my children grow up. Dawn W.
BeeHappe
on 4/13/06 1:28 am - Hinton, IA
RNY on 08/09/05 with
Great choice Dawn. You will love him and his staff. Can't say enought about the whole thing!!! It was great. Email if you have any questions!! Jen
(deactivated member)
on 4/13/06 9:45 am - Moberly, MO
Thank you for responding. I think that Dr. Joya is a good choice and he does seem to be very experienced. The only thing that bothers me a little is that he is so young. I know that doesn't mean he is not good, because it seems that just about everyone that goes to him loves him. It just seems a little weird cuz he is just a few years older than my hubby. I still think that he is the best choice for me though. Hopefully very soon I will be on the losing side because of him! Dawn
(deactivated member)
on 4/14/06 2:17 am
RNY on 08/16/05 with
Dawn, I had my surgery on Aug. 16, 2005 with Dr. Joya and have not regretted it for a second. I really hope you can have your surgery. I know how badly you want it!! Check out my profile for some pictures and details of my experience in Puerto Vallarta. Best wishes, Kina 220/131/120
dreana1974
on 4/14/06 2:41 am - Manassas, VA
RNY on 05/09/06 with
I am also going to PV , my surgery date is 05/09/2005. I am in the same boat as you, My insurance won't even here my reasons b/c my husbands employer elected not to have gastric bypass covered. I am 305 LBS and 5'1. I am going on 5/9/2006 to have surgery. I hope all goes well and you are able to have it. Good luck, and keep me posted. Andrea
vickig
on 4/17/06 10:02 am - CRAWFORD, GA
if anyone has any ?'s email me i loved pv mexcio! had lap rny dec 15th 3005 down 68 lbs! loved it ooohhh take a small hot pot!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views