Thinking about RNY with Dr. Joya

dreana1974
on 4/9/06 12:43 pm - Manassas, VA
RNY on 05/09/06 with
Hello, I have so many questions..lol. I have just applied for financing and hope that I will be on my way to a healthier life soon. I got the email from gerald with all of the basic information on cost and the $1000.00 deposit, I'm curious to know if most of you got it back when leaving PV? What and how much should I pack? I will have to go alone, has anyone done this and if so, how was it? Ok, enough for now I will ask a little at a time. lol. Thanks, Andrea
lmsmith
on 4/9/06 1:38 pm - Burnaby, Canada
I went by myself also and did fine. Pack light as you won't need much. I just took a couple of pairs of shorts and t-shirts, slippers, books, chapstick, mp3 player and that's about it. I didn't need much. There was soap and stuff at both the hospital and the hotel, so I just brought my good conditioner. Good luck and enjoy your time at the hotel, it's gorgous!!!! Leanne LAP RNY - Dec 16/05 Dr Joya 274/247/179/140
dreana1974
on 4/9/06 2:48 pm - Manassas, VA
RNY on 05/09/06 with
Thanks Leanne! I hope I get approved for the financing. I'll post it a soon as I know something. Andrea
LinZhi's Mum
on 4/9/06 3:30 pm - Wadsworth, OH
RNY on 11/30/05 with
Andrea, I went by myself, and had two of the best surgery buddies. I had my surgery on Wednesday, and they had thiers on Tues and Monday. We met on here. It was great. They really looked out for me, but really, I would have been fine. The day I was taken to resort, my GF from CA did fly in for the "fun" part...LOL I did overpack! Just comfy, cool clothing! Chapstick, lotion is great. Heck, I took 3 books, but was so busy having fun at resort...that I did not read!! you will get your deposit back. Its all up front and honest. I did not have a problem at all. If you are going alone, packing alone should be based on the fact of that. You do not want to be lifting much on your way home!! Goodluck, Keep us updated Sandy
(deactivated member)
on 4/9/06 3:49 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I had my surgery March 13, 2006 with Dr Joya. I did have complications a second surgery and had to pay an additional $2035.00. Its very up front and honest, I trust Natalie, Dr Joya and staff fully.
dreana1974
on 4/10/06 12:09 am - Manassas, VA
RNY on 05/09/06 with
Thanks for all of the info ladies. I will keep you updated. I am waiting to see if Financing is approved. Andrea
dancingqueen
on 4/10/06 8:21 am - NY
RNY on 03/14/06 with
hi andrea and welcome! i had rny with dr joya on 3/14/06, and i haven't regretted it for a minute! i have few to no complaints about my personal experience. no problem with the deposit----natalie actually gave me the option of hanging on to it myself when i first got there, but i said, "no way to i want to have $1,000 cash in my purse all 10 days here!". if i can answer any specific questions, feel free to ask! good luck!
jojohn95971
on 4/12/06 1:16 am - quincy, CA
i have been planning on going to dr joya in june or july but have been putting off applying for the financing, i saw that you applied and wanted to ask how it went? i have soso credit so i am worried i will be denied. thank you jolene
(deactivated member)
on 4/14/06 2:14 am
RNY on 08/16/05 with
Andrea, Sorry I'm a little late replying, but I don't get a chance to get on here much any more. I had my surgery with Dr. Joya on Aug. 16, 2005. I went alone, but met two new friends that had their surgeries before me. It was an excellent experience. I packed too much. Shorts and t-shirts are all you'll need. Don't bother with shampoos and soaps. You can use theirs for 10 days. It won't hurt you. Just remember you're going to have to carry it all back after you've had major surgery. I didn't think I took that much until I had to haul it home. Plus the gifts/suveniors (sp) I bought while I was there! I got all my cash back. No problem. Check out my profile for some pictures and information on Puerto Vallarta and my experience. Best wishes Kina 220/131/120
vickig
on 4/17/06 9:59 am - CRAWFORD, GA
honestly....i had the time of my life in mexcio! i miss it so much! the resort is great. the staff from the hotel to the hospital to the taxi's were awsome! best of luck!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views