8 Month Update

Lorraine Wentz
on 4/8/06 12:39 am - St. Catharines, Canada
I've posted my eight month update on my profile! Cheers! Lorraine
Lunita
on 4/8/06 1:34 am - OR
Wow, what an inspiration! You have come a long way and look great. I hope to be just as successful. I too had my surgery by Dr. Aguirre and recognized the furniture in the pictures as being the same apartment I stayed in. Actually, my twin sister and I both had surgery by Dr. Aguirre. Cindy had hers last May and I just had mine this Feb. Cindy had done so well and has lost 140 lbs now. I am only 2 months p-op and am down 45. Thank you for sharing your updates. Look forward to the next one. Luna
Lorraine Wentz
on 4/8/06 12:06 pm - St. Catharines, Canada
Thank you Luna! I remember talking with your sister a whole lot before and after her surgery. She was a wealth of information. I am so glad the two of you have done this for yourselves. Now you can both enjoy the benefits of this surgery and have each other to help when times get tough! Good for you both! Cheers! Lorraine
gogeko
on 4/8/06 4:08 pm - Palmer, AK
Hi lorraine. You look great. Your face just sparkles. You are so beuatiful. I need to correct my sister. I have done great, but I have lost 123 pounds so far. I hope that by my aniversary date I will be down 140. My aniversary date is May 31. I want to add that I am very proud of my sister. This journey was harder on her than it was for me. Most of the hard part was before surgery and deciding to have the surgery. There was great confusion as to weather she would even survive an ordeal like this because of such horrible experiences in the past. But she braved it. There were so many night I would cry for her. I would wish so bad that this surgery would be the one time she wouldnt have such horrible experiences if only there was a gaurntee she would not die or suffer. And she has done so well. Just a little scare after surgery. But she has done great since. I am so happy for her. I think more happy for her than I was for myself. I love you luna and you too lorraine love cindy
Robbin
on 4/8/06 11:34 am - OK
you look so good. and look like you feel good. congrats !!!!!
Lorraine Wentz
on 4/8/06 12:08 pm - St. Catharines, Canada
Thank you Robbin! I do feel good! A wee bit down because of the slow in weightloss, but still happy and ready to charge ahead! Cheers! Lorraine
Traci L.
on 4/8/06 11:51 am - Henderson, NY
Hi, Lorraine. You look fantastic!!! I'm curious about something you said in your profile update. Does everyone plateau like you did? You said you knew it was coming. I don't understand how a person could plateau on so little food? I guess I'm still learning about what to expect. If you could let me know, it would be appreciated. And, again, you look maaaaavelous!!! Traci
Lorraine Wentz
on 4/8/06 12:17 pm - St. Catharines, Canada
Plateauing is part of the package. Everyone plateaus. At some point. Most people will have small plateaus throughout the weightloss part of the surgery. But if the rules are followed, the weightloss will pick up again. It's just the bodies way of saying "Hey! Damn it! I don't like this, I'm going to hold on with everything that I've got!" But it doesn't last. Your body will give in and the weight will start coming off again. But it's SOOOOOOOOO incredibly important to know that even though you may be doing everything right..... drinking water, taking vitamins and getting in tons of protein...... it will take a little time for your body to relent. Some longer than others. It's bloody difficult, but you have to stay positive. Trust me on that one! Thank you Traci! I wish you all the best! Cheers! Lorraine
dancingqueen
on 4/9/06 3:45 am - NY
RNY on 03/14/06 with
first of all, congrats on your success!! you go, girl! i just posted a question about bloodwork in canada, and then i saw that you are from canada, so i thought i'd ask you directly, just in case you don't see my other post. do you have any idea what bloodwork would cost out-of-pocket there? any ideas on how i should go about finding a doctor, lab, hospital, etc..??? thanks for your help!
Lorraine Wentz
on 4/10/06 2:26 am - St. Catharines, Canada
Stephanie, Thank you! That is an excellent question. Unfortunately I can't answer it. I have no clue how much it would cost to get blood work done up here. It's all free for canadians, so costs aren't really discussed very often. I'm going to find out for you though. What exact blood work are you wanting to get? Let me know and I'll make a few calls and get back to ya! Cheers! Lorraine
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views