So I followed the pouch rules......and passed out!

bonnied
on 4/7/06 1:13 pm - St. Albans, VT
Anyone around here seen the "pouch rules"? I figured since I was grazing, I needed to get back on track. I followed the rules, no drinking with meals, 3 meals per day only, tons of water. I was on an interview Thursday, job shadowing another nurse to see if the position interested me. At 4 pm, I turned around to say thanks and goodbye, got very dizzy and hot and passed out, right there at the job interview! What a nice impression to make. Thankfully this was a walk in care center and there were docs and other nurses around to evaluate me. Between my eval there and speaking with my PCP, they agree I should eat more. I do not want to gain weight back and I still want to lose 14 more pounds! If I do not drink a little with meals, I can only get in 3 or 4 bites of food, that's only 9-12 bites per day! No wonder why I passed out! I make sure I do not eat more than one cup per meal of food. I have been exercising at the gym 3 times per week with 20 minutes of cardio and the full circuit of nautilis equipment for weight training. Since I hate exercise, that's all I'm going to do for now. It's 30 times more than I've ever done in the past anyway. Anyone else inthis situation? Any suggestions are welcomed! I want to get in what I need for requirements but am so afraid it will lead to grazing behavior, so I am afraid to eat more than 3 times per day! Bonnie lap rny 6/3/05 264/163/149
psgraham29
on 4/8/06 3:23 am - Seattle, WA
Are you drinking any protein shakes? If not, please consider it. It won't stretch out your pouch and it will up your protein intake to a healthy amount. -Pam
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views