Anyone audited?

Dinka Doo
on 4/7/06 10:40 am - Medford, OR
We just got a notice in the mail from the IRS to provide documentation of medical costs from my surgery 2 years ago. Anyone else have this happen? If so, were there any issues that came up about going to Mexico? Dina
psgraham29
on 4/8/06 3:28 am - Seattle, WA
Nope, not yet. Though now I'll make sure I keep the receipts for 7 years. Thanks for posting. -Pam
gogeko
on 4/8/06 4:17 pm - Palmer, AK
Hi dinka I havent been audited but I was sorely disappointed in my tax return. We had close to 16000.00 in medical bills. Our tax return was under 2800.00. I was mistaken in thinking that I was going to get back what I paid out less the 7.5 %. Theres a lot about taxes I didnt understand. But on the brighter side ,at least we didnt owe. Cindy
DW
on 4/9/06 1:51 am - Galveston, TX
Hi Dina, Per my CPA that is also a tax lawyer, going out of the country expenses do qualify and you should not have a problem just submit the receipts. Seems like we have to fight for everything good luck. Dot
Dinka Doo
on 4/9/06 3:16 pm - Medford, OR
Thanks Dot. I know we have used a tax preparer for years and I trust her implicitly but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway. I know we have all the receipts and all so that isn't an issue. Just curious how often this happens and if there were any issues of going over and over and over things. Hopefully we'll just be able to submit the documentation and it will be all there is. And you're right...have to fight for everything. Ugh! Dina
jojohn95971
on 4/12/06 1:19 am - quincy, CA
can it really be taken off the taxes? i assumed that because we were going out of the country it couldnt be. if this is true i will have my hubby sold for sure!!
Dinka Doo
on 4/12/06 1:23 am - Medford, OR
Yup - it sure can. I checked into it before I went. Not scared about the audit but just more annoyed considering all we went through anyway. Dina
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views