Flex Spending Account

havertwins
on 3/21/06 10:35 am - Rhinelander, WI
RNY on 08/07/06 with
Has anyone used any flex money to pay for your surgery? Are you able to use it since it will be done in Mexico? Thanks Tammy
dancingqueen
on 3/27/06 4:58 am - NY
RNY on 03/14/06 with
let me first say that i am still in mexico and at an internet cafe. i'm having trouble logging in on the website as myself, and even funnier, when i got to the oh website, i was logged in as my surgery buddy, stephanie. i'm not sure how this will show up when i answer, it may show that it's stephanie that's answering you. i can't get it to log of her user id. oh well, to answer your question, i called the administrator of my flex account and they said yes, we could use it for this surgery. the surgery is also tax deductible, no matter where you have it done. the criteria for flex accounts is pretty much the same as for deducting from your taxes as they are both federal tax relief programs. i took the full $5000 on my flex account to help pay for my surgery in mexico. i had surgery on march 14th. i took two registered nurses with me to help take care of me and their trips will also be tax deductible as i paid their expenses. victoria kelsay email: [email protected]
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views