Hello from Puerto Vallarta!

klnbaker
on 3/22/06 2:49 am - Gresham, OR
I will be in Puerto Vallarta on Saturday for vacation! I'm glad your surgery went so well! How's the weather? Kathleen
(deactivated member)
on 3/23/06 1:15 am - Conway, AR
Lap Band on 03/27/06 with
Kathleen... I'll be there Saturday also! I'll be in surgery Monday evening at 6. Where are you staying? I'll be there with my husband and 15 yo daughter! She has been checking the weather every five minutes...80 degrees and clear!
klnbaker
on 3/23/06 8:23 am - Gresham, OR
Hola Bridget! Hey, I have a 15 year old son who will be with me! Maybe we should get our kids together!!! LOL We are staying at the Melia resort. I don't have the "official" name, but we are counting down the hours until we leave! Our resort is close to the airport. Kathleen
(deactivated member)
on 3/23/06 9:31 am - Conway, AR
Lap Band on 03/27/06 with
I emailed you privately! Thought we might get together!
NkyBelle76
on 3/22/06 11:10 am - Union, KY
RNY on 11/29/05 with
Stephanie, It sounds like you are doing so great! Good for you! Dr. Joya and everyone there are so wonderful and you do feel like a queen in recovery there at the resort don't you! I loved it so much, I went back this past month for 5 days just to relax and do some things I didn't get to do back in November. There is such a feeling of relief once you have gotten as far as you are right now. It will just keep getting better and better. Congratualtions on your success and welcome to the losing side! Melissa
dancingqueen
on 3/24/06 8:43 am - NY
RNY on 03/14/06 with
ick---i'm back in new york! it's cold, snowy, and dreary. once again, let me say that i'm so glad i was able to do the bulk of my recovery in mexico! everything is still going very well. i went back to work today (i own and operate a small hair salon). i do experience some weird energy highs and lows. today i was in the shower, feeling fine, and then suddenly i felt sort of weak---like someone had just zapped the energy out of me in a fla****'s happened a couple of times, and i just wait it out for probably a couple minutes, and then it goes away. no big deal, but it is strange. i overheard my best friend/co-worker saying to one of my clients when i was out of the room, "i keep looking at her for some signs that she just had surgery, but i don't see any! it's weird that i wouldn't even know what a major surgery she's been through, except for the fact that she's told me!". i was a little sad to leave puerto vallarta. i feel like there was more than just a physical change that took place there, and it will always have a special place in my heart. it was also emotional coming home, realizing that i am not the same person that i was (physically or emotionally) when i arrived in puerto vallarta. i am so happy and excited about my new life, yet so scared and anxious at the same time! change can be scary, and this surgery changes almost everything, eventually. so, to those of you heading to mexico, i once again wish you all the best. i do want to remind everyone that although i am doing very well, i also had no health problems going into this (besides being overweight). i just don't want anyone thinking, "my experience hasn't been as easy as hers". as you know, diabetes, high blood pressure, etc. can make the outcome of surgery very different than mine. don't want to scare anyone---just wanted to remind you that your body will heal in it's own way and time. oh---and the weather is great! no rain, mostly sunny. the heat wasn't oppressive as i thought it might be. i didn't get into the water, so i can't fill you in on that, but lots of people were in and out of it, so it must not be too bad. the pools are gorgeous! take care, everyone!
LinZhi's Mum
on 3/24/06 5:52 pm - Wadsworth, OH
RNY on 11/30/05 with
Welcome home Steph! Sounds like your rocking right on Sister! So glad to see you home and with good reports. Goodluck!! Great hearing from ya! Sandy
rahnava
on 3/25/06 1:32 am - LaPlace, LA
Hey Staphanie, I'm glad you are doing great. I know what you mean about the energy thing. It comes and goes. The resort was beautiful and when I was in the most pain I went to the beach (right outside of my room) and just sat under those little hut things. The sun was warm and comforting. It helped. I wish I could have hung out with all of you while I was there. I think I was the only one who had lapband. Having suport is key. Anyway, glad you are home and doing well.--Raja
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views