Hello from Puerto Vallarta!

dancingqueen
on 3/20/06 2:39 am - NY
RNY on 03/14/06 with
hi everybody! i am almost 1 week post-op already! i can't believe it! this has been such an incredible experience. i will write in MUCH more detail once i get home, but here are some highlites. dr joya, cornerstone hospital, and puerto vallarta have all been just as wonderful as i had read that they are. i thought, before i came down here that it sounded too good to be true, but it really has been amazing. my sugery went perfectly. no complications of any kind. i experienced no real pain in my stomach area. of course, i had the usual pain (discomfort) from the CO2 gas that they use for lap surgery. (i knew what to expect because i had my gall bladder out the same way a few years ago). it has been great getting to know victoria and kim and having people to go through this with. for anyone who is still concerned about having surgery outside the country, i want you to know this-----even if i had insurance to cover this in the states, i would still choose to go this route, as this has been a WONDERFUL experience! what better way to recover than by the ocean at a gorgeous resort? i feel like being here has been good for my spirit. maybe that is why i am doing as well as i am. anyhow----i must get going. just wanted to touch base with all of you. i have been keeping a journal, so i will update my profile in great detail once i get home. thank you SO much for all your prayers and encouragement! it has meant so much. god bless all of you!
(deactivated member)
on 3/20/06 3:07 am - Conway, AR
Lap Band on 03/27/06 with
Yay, Steph! Sounds like you are a real winner! I can't wait...my date is March 27.
LinZhi's Mum
on 3/20/06 5:11 am - Wadsworth, OH
RNY on 11/30/05 with
Stephanie!! Wonderful!! I been keeping tabs on your progress thru Nathalie and Victoria. So glad your doing well....and on the side note..having a good time!!! I got the agenda from Gerald on June's reunion, any chance you'll be able to swing it so soon!! Looks like I will be there solo, hubby not able to come. Enjoy the sun....Do not forget to get a wonderful pedicure, and facial if your into them. They are heavanly!! Hugs, Sandy
bonnied
on 3/20/06 9:05 am - St. Albans, VT
I'm so happy for you Stephanie! Take care of yourself! God bless! Bonnie
jamisonma
on 3/20/06 11:48 pm - Loveland, CO
Lap Band on 03/17/06 with
Stephanie, I think you and Kim left the hospital the same time I did... I am Michelle (one of the lap-banders in Nathalie's truck). I am glad you guys are doing good. Enjoy Puerto Vallarta... it is great. -Michelle
dancingqueen
on 3/21/06 12:09 am - NY
RNY on 03/14/06 with
once again, thank you all for your support----the people on this website are the best! everything is still going great. my drain is out and they even took off the lovely bag that was hanging under my left boob for the last 7 days! hooray! yesterday i went to the spa here at the resort and had reflexology done on my feet. can i just say HEAVEN???!!! it was 75 minutes as only $40! today i am going to a dental clinic to have my teeth whitened (by laser) for about $150. excited about that. i think tomorrow i will get a facial (once again, only $40 for 80 minutes!!!). i'm all about pampering myself during this time, and since it is so cheap, it is easy to feel like a queen! the other girls are doing well. victoria is shopping like a mad woman! (you GO girl!!! ) kim and her hubby are seem to be enjoying their time together. talk about a bonding experience! well, i am off to spoil myself! take care, everyone!
havertwins
on 3/21/06 10:32 am - Rhinelander, WI
RNY on 08/07/06 with
Stephanie, So glad to hear that you are doing so well. I am still trying to convince my husband to let me go down. He just will not listen to me about how safe it is and how no one has really had any problems. Keep up the pampering, you deserve it, can't wait to hear from you again on your journey and the new you. Tammy
(deactivated member)
on 3/23/06 1:17 am - Conway, AR
Lap Band on 03/27/06 with
I'm trying to convince my 15 yo daughter to have her teeth whitened there. I told her it would be a great treat to herself since having her braces removed! I am interested in checking into having veneers applied. Can you tell me the name of the clinic you are using?
sindarella
on 3/21/06 1:23 am - New Castle, IN
Hi Steph, I sure hope I do as well as you seem to be doing... WOW~~ You sound as if you have had nothing done.. You go girl!! I am having surgery April 5th with Dr. Rumbaut.. I hope mine goes as well as yours has.. Good to know another loser.. Connie
poppysjewell
on 3/21/06 5:36 am - riverdale, GA
RNY on 04/10/06 with
I'll be there in 3 weeks and I'd like you to know YOU HAVE EASED MY MIND! I spoke to my PCP recently to make sure she would follow me post-op and she really made me nervous about going out of the good ol' US of A to get this done. Thanks for reassuring me that I'm making the right decision. By the way, do I NEED to bring a laptop to use the internet or do they have it available at the resort. I'm trying to lighten my load if possible!!! Congratulations on a successful surgery and thanks for the piece of mind.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views