Pre-OP Diet Question

(deactivated member)
on 3/20/06 12:53 am - Conway, AR
Lap Band on 03/27/06 with
Okay...I am being banded March 27 by Dr. Joya. I have been on the two week pre-op diet for one week (hell week as it has been known around my house). Today when I was printing off information that I had stored in my saved folder, I realized that the pre-op diet was for patients with a BMI of 40+. Mine is 39...maybe even less now! Have I been putting myself through this unnecessarily?
bonnied
on 3/20/06 9:17 am - St. Albans, VT
I don't think so. The WLS program I belonged to here put all patients on the 2 week liquid diet, regarless of their BMI or wether it was RNY or band. You are shrinking your liver, making your surgery a safer procedure! You are also preparing yourself for life after sugery. You cannot go wrong doing this. Having surgery in Mexico is different. Here, if you lose too much weigh on the pre-op diet, you will have your surgery cancelled because you do not meet the requirements anymore. In Mexico, you will get it! You are doing a good thing, keep it up! Good luck! Bonnie lap rny 6/3/05 264/164/149 100 pounds lost, 15 to go
jamisonma
on 3/20/06 11:51 pm - Loveland, CO
Lap Band on 03/17/06 with
Bridget, I noticed the same thing on my paperwork. My BMI was 37.6. I emailed Gerald right away and asked him if he wanted me to do the all liquid and he said that he wanted me to do the High Protein no carb instead. You may send him an email and see if he wants you to continue or change to the high protein. -Michelle
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views