Doctors in Mexico-need info please!

Tesha R.
on 3/17/06 1:27 am - Baytown, TX
I remember seeing several ppl who went to Mexico and self payed for surgery. My hair dresser is interested in any info about your doctor. Where in mexico are they located? How much was your surgery? How long were you in mexico? Thanks for any help!
Kelli ~.
on 3/17/06 2:17 am - Atwater, CA
I had my surgery done by Dr. Aceves (mexicolapband.com), it was $8,200.00 and I was there from Thursday to Sunday. I was picked up from San Diego and taken back. The hospital in Mexicali is amazingly clean and the staff there was incredible. Dr. Aceves is very caring about his patients, he goes over all the information prior to the surgery and we do have a support group that is very active, so most patients already know all the information but you still get the thorough rundown while you are there in Mexico. I never had any problems while I was there and I went by myself. She can stop by our chat room if she wishes: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Dr-Aceves-bandsters, and she can check tracyslapband.com which has some good information from a patient's point of view. I did alot of research on Mexico, I chose Dr. Aceves because of the experiences from other patients and how satisfied they were with the surgery. Kelli
sindarella
on 3/17/06 2:45 am - New Castle, IN
Hi Tesha, I am going to Dr. Rumbaut to have surgery April 5th. I can't give you a lot of information about him just yet, other then what I have read and researched. I know if you click on professionals and south of the border on this web site you can learn more about him. He has many years of expierence and many many references from people that have been to him. If your friend would like to e-mail me sometime after April 10th once I am back home I would be glad to share my surgery and stay in Monterrey Mexico with Dr. Rumbaut. My email address is [email protected] let her know I would be happy helping her out. As for the cost it will be approx. total of $16,000 for Lap RNY.. That is my stay there from April 3rd thru April 9th and my airfare for me an my cousin. We are coming from Indiana. I hope this helps, take care. Connie
Julie G.
on 3/17/06 5:43 am - Glennallen, AK
VSG on 08/02/07 with
What kind of surgery is she interested in? There's RNY, lapband, and Duodenal Switch.
Tesha R.
on 3/17/06 7:36 am - Baytown, TX
Sorry..i forget to put that she's interested in RNY, but is also looking at the band. Thank you everyone for your responses! I am going to print everything out for her... Thanks again!
bonnied
on 3/18/06 12:46 am - St. Albans, VT
I had laprascopic RNY with Dr Rumbaut in Monterrey Mexcio last year. He does bands and RNY, he has a band himself. I couldn't have been more pleased with my experience there. RNY costs $14500 plus travel, bands are $10000. He is highly experienced, been doing this for years. His website is www.gastricband.com. I have been so successful, I can't believe it! My high blood pressure and diabetes were gone immediately after surgery, my high cholesterol 3 months after. There are many docs in Mexico who do WLS, the names that keep coming up as great ones are Dr. Rumbaut, Dr. Aguierre and Dr. Joya. I chose Dr. Rumbaut because of his credentials and the hospital he works out of. The San Jose Hospital does heart transplants, good enough for me! Dr. R also does his procedures laprascopically, no big incision, and that's what I wanted. It cost a little more than some of the other docs, but well worth it! Now, it's been 9 months, I've lost 100 pounds! Down from a size 24 to 8 and 10! I'm so happy, I've been shouting it from the rooftops! Good luck! Bonnie lap rny 6/3/05 264/164/149
(deactivated member)
on 3/18/06 10:10 am
RNY on 08/16/05 with
Hi. I went to Dr. Joya in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. I had lap RNY on Aug. 16, 2005. I have lost 85 pounds and am 15 pounds from my goal. Check out my profile. I have some pictures of Mexico and info. I think I was gone about 10 days. The stay should have been 2 weeks, but I begged to go home. The cost was $12,000 then for everything (airfare, surgery, hotel, etc.) Best wishes, Kina 220/135/120
Ferchie
on 3/21/06 10:51 pm - Twin Falls, ID
I went to Dr. Aguirre and had open RNY done, here is his website http://derivaciongastrica.com/index.htm He is an amazing man and does an amazing job. take care - Jeremy
Just Me
on 3/24/06 1:55 am - Happy Place, TN
I second this doctor! Excellent!
Just Me
on 3/24/06 1:58 am - Happy Place, TN
I second this doctor! Excellent! Tell your hairdresser to really look at this doctor. Very good track record. He performed an OPEN rny for me, (he has performed dozens) and I sincerely believe that practice makes perfect. A "perfect" laprascopic procedure doesn't happen in just a few years, it takes many years to perfect the procedure so there are no "complications" following the surgery. Dr. Aguirre only performed OPEN rny at the time, and the benefits of having him perform open have exceeded any questions resulting from the left over scar.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views