My mind on surgery 24/7!

gabriela
on 3/15/06 5:55 am - MI
Hi everybody! This message board has been kinda slow lately huh? Well i would like to know others opinion on this. Ok so I have a date for my surgery in Mexico. Well my surgery is for June 7th and sense the day I knew the date of surgery thats all I can think about. I am also a full-time student in college but I cant seem to concentrate on my classes anymore. I swear thats all I think about night and day. Oh and its all that I speak to anybody about. Anyone who will listen. I cant help it I am soooo excited. I think my husband and mom and sister are getting a little tired of listening to talk about nothing but my surgery and life after it. Not in a mean way they just make fun of me now cause they know how happy I am. I am in this forum everyday reading everyones profiles just so I know what I am in for and what to expect. From all the reading I have done I know I am 100% ready for this and cant wait to get on with my new life. Well did you all feel the same as you waited for the date? Or am I wierd and crazy? I dont know. Untill my surgery date I feel that my life is at a stand still. I dont want to buy clothes or shoes. All I can think about is all the stuff I will be able do once I loose some weight. I kinda feel like I am in prison and I will be let go to be free on June 7th. Well I just needed to share that. Thanks to whoever listened. Gabriela
Ferchie
on 3/15/06 6:35 am - Twin Falls, ID
Let me tell you, I am right there with ya. I was just like that too, I couldn't think about anything but my WLS for months prior, I was packed forever before we left (I way over packed too!!!) But for people like us, the people that need wls to go on living a normal life, that is one of the most important and wonderful things that could happen. I still talk about surgery stuff to some people and it has been 5 months now since surgery. I am happy that you have your date and feel ready. Don't over pack... take care, good luck - Jeremy
bonnied
on 3/15/06 9:04 am - St. Albans, VT
I had my rny 6/3/05 with the great Dr. R. What a difference a year makes! You will be skiny before you know it! Bonnie lap rny 6/3/05 264/164/149 15 pounds to go
sindarella
on 3/15/06 10:23 pm - New Castle, IN
Hi Gabriela, I have my surgery April 5th and I am doing the same thing you are!! I eat, sleep, walk, WLS everyday.. I have started packing now for a week and went yesterday to get my birth certificate at the court house in the county I was born in.. Just doing that kept me excited knowing it is another step to being closer to surgery.. So,, yes I do understand where you are coming from and I am looking forward to meeting Dr. Rumbaut.. I'll keep you posted.. Connie
Robbin
on 3/16/06 7:09 am - OK
Me too, I am having to wait until Jan 07 because of the insurance at my old job. I had bc/bs but my employer put a rider on the policy, so I quit and will pull out my 401K in Jan and head to Mexico. I think of it every day, all day. I try to get projects going to keep my mind busy but this lasts about 2 hours. I can't hardly wait.
DONNA RELLA
on 3/17/06 6:55 am - Uvalde, TX
You are not weird at all... it is totally normal to have the feelings you do. I was the same way. It has been 8 months since surgery and i have lost 102 lbs. I feel great and have no regrets. Good luck and God bless.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views