Anyone Had DS in Lima Peru?

catcat
on 3/15/06 5:54 am - davis, CA
I am going to Lima for two months this summer. Originally I intended to have RNY which I know is being done but after lurking I have decided that I would be more comfortable with DS procedure. Anybody know anything about Peru. By the way I only speak English but I am willing to go for it.
Just Me
on 3/15/06 12:46 pm - Happy Place, TN
Whom do you know in Peru? What doctor? How'd you hear about him/her? How many surgeries? DS was was receiving so much negative press when I was researching my choices... I never saw a DS south of the border... Hope yours goes well. I favor DS procedures because of their long term success rate.
catcat
on 3/16/06 1:28 am - davis, CA
Hi guys. I have a friend here in US and last year I went down with her to visit her family. While I was there she had to have her gallbladder removed so I got a first hand look at a clinica My husband and I do not speak Spanish and our friend doesn't really speak English so I am worried about not having a clear understanding of my expectations. When my friend located a RNY doctor he suggested that I bring my own staples for the operation because they are cheaper here in the US. I am a bargain shopper but THAT stopped my clock for a minute! On the advice of another member, and I don't know how she did it, I did look at OH members located in Peru. Ao. I think Spain is looking pretty good to me. Thanks for everything.
Julie G.
on 3/15/06 3:23 pm - Glennallen, AK
VSG on 08/02/07 with
I haven't heard of any DS surgeons in Peru but I know there are lot of south of the border DS surgeons. There is Dr. Ungson in Mexico, and tons of DS surgeons in Brazil, and one over in Spain. There have been a lot of people who have had great success with south of the border DS. The DS is a much better way to go than the RNY because of the long term success rates and a more nomal lifestyle. Good luck in finding the best doc for you -Julie
(deactivated member)
on 3/30/06 12:57 am - Los Angeles, CA
I had a RNY in Colombia with Dr. Mikler it was the best choice I ever made. He work with a group of very professional and lovely people. I suggest you should talk to him before make a decision. anyway Bogota is on the way to Peru. his website is www.byebyeobesity.com Good Luck
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views