Two Weeks!

(deactivated member)
on 3/13/06 1:01 am - Conway, AR
Lap Band on 03/27/06 with
In exactly two weeks I will be a BANDster! So... I'm jumping on the BANDwagon and doing the liquid protein shakes and broth, jello, etc. with wild aBANDonment! I don't BANDy about the fact I am having surgery, but some of my students heard me asking a student who speaks Spanish at home how to say some phrases. They aBANDoned their work to question me, but I sprang like a rubberBAND to play it off and get them back on track! I have been buying eBay things for our trip and made out like a BANDit! I am hoping I can spend some extra money on jewelry once I get to Mexico! Oh yes...can I wear my wedding BAND into surgery? Enjoy the rest of the day, BANDed and unBANDed alike!
jamisonma
on 3/13/06 1:11 am - Loveland, CO
Lap Band on 03/17/06 with
Bridget, I bought some great silver on the beach the last time I was in PV...my surgery is Friday and I hope to buy a little more while I am there...good luck on your surgery. -Michelle
LinZhi's Mum
on 3/13/06 10:57 am - Wadsworth, OH
RNY on 11/30/05 with
Bridgit, I did not wear any jewelry to Mexico. But then again, I was alone. Typically you do not wear any jewelry to Surgery, I have seen here in states, tight rings we had to tape over them. They did make me take my nail polish off...!! booh hoo! Lots of stuff to buy....look around for a while, do not buy at first. Look at everything, and try to get lowest prices. I suck at that...but one of girls I was with, did the best job! Goodluck! I am excited for you...goodluck on liquids Sandy
psgraham29
on 3/13/06 11:15 am - Seattle, WA
Love the BANDying and puns. I'm glad you are psyched about the band. -Pam
(deactivated member)
on 3/14/06 2:53 am - Conway, AR
Lap Band on 03/27/06 with
Y'all are really making me excited about going to Mexico!!! Yay!!!!!!!!
Lorraine Wentz
on 3/14/06 10:17 pm - St. Catharines, Canada
Sure the surgery is fun, but BANDit.... the shopping is even more fun! Don't be afraid to barter with the shop owners! Get's lots of fabulous jewelry that's too small, bcause you'll be wearing it in no time!!! Good luck! You're in my thoughts! Cheers! Lorraine
Hernandez
on 3/15/06 4:39 am - Rockford, IL
Well congrats!! I just had surgery in PV March 9, 2006. I did have some trouble getting a ring off because of the swelling I had from the flight in, but I was able to get it off. I am almost to the regular liquid diet part and can't wait!!! GOOD LUCK Don't worry about the spanish part too much, all of the nurses and Doctors spoke english (some words were a little rough but u will understand everything) And Don't buy anything from the venders on the beach unless you don't want to walk around~~You get much better deals in DownTown area, all you have to do is hail a cab, tell him municiple market downtown, he will know exactly where to take you. The cab ride is 50 pesos ($5). Then to go back just hail a cab and tell them your hotel. I stayed 4 extra days. Don't get nervous!!! Good Luck!!!!!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views