3 months Check Up

NkyBelle76
on 3/8/06 4:53 am - Union, KY
RNY on 11/29/05 with
Hello all! I just got back from Puerto Vallerta last night. I am sun burnt and happy. So what a wonderful excuse to go back to PV for a check up... I'm kidding of course. But because my sister and I had such a good time when we were there for my surgery in Nov., we decided to go down for 5 days this past week. Since I was going to be there I arranged to get my blood work drawn and see Dr. Joya. I'm happy to say that everything is completely normal and my protein levels were even past the mid-range of normal. I was a little worried because I've been bruising easier and I'm starting to lose some hair lately. But it's all good! It still amazes me that we can get the nutrition that we need when it seems like we're consuming so little. When I was at the airport and ordered what would have been a normal meal before, I just looked at it all and thought, I can't believe that I would have ate all this before. So for the record now, I'm now down 50lbs and 4 pants sizes Missy
LinZhi's Mum
on 3/8/06 10:51 am - Wadsworth, OH
RNY on 11/30/05 with
Okay Chickadee!!! I been waiting for you to come home!!! boo hoo!! Dang girl...YOU go! Your doing awsome. Any new pictures to post? So You have to tell me all about PV and the gang? I know you had to take Amy back on the booze cruise......okay....I wanna know it all!! Sandy
NkyBelle76
on 3/9/06 5:44 am - Union, KY
RNY on 11/29/05 with
Hey Sandy! Yes, we had to go on the booze cruise... I'll email you about all that. Other than that I saw Natalie, Dr. Joya and Dr. Ollivar (sp?) I almost got to see Dr. Espinoza but no such luck....... I'll have some new pics to post soon!
bonnied
on 3/8/06 8:23 pm - St. Albans, VT
Congratulations to you Missy! That's really awesome! The hair thing is just the body's natural response to stress. Everyone assumes it's nutrient deficiency and most of the time it's just from the surgery. Many people lose some hair after a major illness or surgery. That's wonderful your labs are all good! keep up the great work! Bonnie lap rny 6/3/05 264/164/149 100 pounds lost, 15 until "normal"
NkyBelle76
on 3/9/06 5:45 am - Union, KY
RNY on 11/29/05 with
Thanks Bonnie! You're doing great too!
layddi
on 3/9/06 4:37 am - Pico Rivera, CA
Melisa, Congrats on your progress, I will be in PV on March 21st, can you tell me how the weather is out there?
NkyBelle76
on 3/9/06 5:48 am - Union, KY
RNY on 11/29/05 with
How many ways can I say PERFECT! Every day was 80's and lows in the 70's. Not humid....just clear and sunny. Enjoy!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views