Dr. Rumbalt stay!!

sindarella
on 3/7/06 9:10 pm - New Castle, IN
Can any of you tell me what kind of a place did Dr. Rumbalt put you up in for the remaining stay there? My two cousins are going with me and they are hoping we are staying in a place with a pool or two and a hot tub.. They are going for some R & R.. I'll have to scream from my room so I can get any help if I need it... TXS for any input you have.. Connie
gabriela
on 3/7/06 9:38 pm - MI
You stay at the Hampton Inn Galerias. And you get free shuttle service to and from the hospital through your whole stay. I know because I too will be going there. You can check the hotel for yourself if you to the Hotels web-site and look it up or in any travel agent site and ask for a hotel in Monterrey and look for the Hampton Inn Galerias. I already look ate the pics and it is really nice. Good Luck Gabriela
bonnied
on 3/7/06 10:33 pm - St. Albans, VT
The Hampton Inn has a nice pool. You will not have to scream from your room, you will be right next to them dipping your feet. Believe me, you will. I had lap rny on a Friday, was back at the hotel by 10am Sunday morning and was walking around the mall with hubby that afternoon. You will be doing better than you thing. Lap surgery is amazing. Bonnie lap rny 6/3/05 264/164/149 100 pounds lost, 15 to go until "normal"
bridgetok
on 3/8/06 12:49 pm - Sanford, NC
Connie, the Hampton Inn is a great hotel. They have a pool, although I only looked out at it as it was *cold* in January! Well, I flew in from S Florida, and it is mountainous there so it was colder than Florida anyway. I have to say the hotel was most excellent and they work very very well with Dr Rumbaut and his staff. We had a small incident while we were there. My dingbat husband (who had RNY the same day as me) pulled out his drain tube in his sleep! He woke me up yelling. I was half asleep and confused and immediately started to panic. I searched for my paperwork with the Dr phone number but I was way too frazzled to find it, so I grabbed the phone and banged the front desk button and told the girl who answered that I needed Dr Rumbaut or one of his assistants to call me back immediately, we had an emergency. The phone rang back in less than 2 minutes and one of Dr Rumbaut's collegues told me to get Steve (my husband) to the front desk and the hotel shuttle was waiting and it would take us directly to the ER and Dr Travini would meet us there in 10 minutes. Did I mention this was about 8am on a Sunday? The doctor was there at the ER doors when we arrived and everything worked out fine. I thank God we were in a hotel that knew all the emergency numbers to call and where the employees spoke perfect english. You must know that if you go to Monterrey, you will be in excellent hands from the minute you get there to the minute you leave. The desk girl also had someone go in and clean up the mess from the drain being pulled out, and everything was perfect when we returned a couple hours later. There is also a plaza directly behind the hotel (about 100 yards) with a major grocery store, several resturants, an Office depot, etc etc. Very convienient. Bridget
kimberly
on 3/9/06 11:52 am - LIBUSE, LA
I agree with all the great comments made by the others. My stay was great. I went 1 year ago in January for my husbands surgery. I went November 16, 2005 for my surgery. I've lost 72 lbs and feeling awesome. There is also a huge theater in the plaza behind the hotel. All of their movies are English speaking with Spanish sub titles. There is wonderful shopping and the people are precious. I wish you lots of success! You will be amazed at how fast things change when you get home. I've gone from a 20 to a 10 in less than 4 months. It is an amazing journey and I look forward to hearing about yours. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to email me at [email protected]. Kimberly
psgraham29
on 3/9/06 11:56 pm - Seattle, WA
I agree with the others, the Hampton Inn Galleria is a great place to stay. They certainly know how make it comfortable for us surgery patients. Lounging about the pool was also a great place to meet others who were going to Dr. Rumbaut for surgery. -Pam
baytraci
on 3/15/06 10:15 am - Dundee, FL
I just got back from Monterrey last Thursday and it was wonderful! I had Lap RNY so we were there for eleven days. My husband loved the hotel. On Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evening from six thirty until eight they have happy hour. You could get beer, wine, sandwiches, chips, and one night they even had pizza. And the breakfast was to die for. And I couldn't even have any!! They have tamales, refried beans, eggs, ham, cereal, yogurt, sweet rolls, oatmeal and who knows what else. It was unbelievable and it was all included with the price of your room! The mall was very nice. We were in the room next to the back door so all we had to do was walk out the back door and there was the mall to the right and Applebees straight ahead. There is a restaurant called Sanborns in the mall plaza that is the first store you come to when you leave the hotel. The people there are very familiar with the patients from the hotel and they even offer a chicken broth for about two dollars. Applebees has a great tortilla soup and I just drank the broth from that. Most places accept american money, however, we exchanged dollars for pesos because we knew we would be there for a while and you save about forty dollars for every thousand you spend. Just remember, ten pesos is about a dollar. I hope you find this information helpful and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. [email protected] I am two weeks post op today and I am down 28 pounds since starting my preop liquids!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views