Pre-Op Liquid Diet---I'm sooooo Hungry!

bjjantzen
on 3/4/06 11:54 pm - Katy, TX
RNY on 03/17/06 with
I have been on my pre-op liquid Diet for 3 days now. I am so hungry my stomach hurts & is cramping. I can't imagine getting through until the 17th. Any tips? Did anyone out there cheat on their liquid diet?
Toots
on 3/5/06 1:37 am - Beautiful, WA
Oh how I remember how hard that was! I cheated a few times but made healthy choices...however, I had lap-band surgery so I'm not sure if it makes a difference. Are you on protein drinks? Toots
bridgetok
on 3/5/06 2:08 am - Sanford, NC
I did! LOL, I hope Dr Rumbaut isn't reading this message! We started our liquid diet 2 weeks pre op. I occasionally had some tuna salad mashed well, because I needed somthing solid. But the big cheat was 6 days pre-op on my husband's birthday, we went out for sushi! Oops! That was the last solid either of us had, and we were fine on surgery day, no problems with the liver. I don't reccomend cheating, but had to admit that we did! Bridget
bonnied
on 3/5/06 4:02 am - St. Albans, VT
Your pre op liquid diet is a god investment in you. Don't look at is as a negative, it's a really positive step. You are doing all you can to prepare yourself for surgery and life after! The liquid diet jump starts your weight loss, lets you try and find things you like for your post-op period, and prepares you. Another bonus of the liquid diet is what it does for your liver. Most obese people have fatty livers. Your liver needs to be pulled out of the way during surgery with a small instrument. A fatty liver is brittle and thick and can be prone to injury (complications) during surgery. Doing a liquid diet for 2 weeks prior to surgery actually shrinks your liver and makes it more flexible! Isn't that so cool? You are actually doing such a great thing! Good luck and God bless Bonnie lap rny 6/3/05 264/164/165
LinZhi's Mum
on 3/5/06 7:02 am - Wadsworth, OH
RNY on 11/30/05 with
Hi Barbara! first of all, congratulations on your surgery date. You will Love Dr. Joya and have so much of a good experience. hang in there, that Liquid diet is a kicker...but so worth it! I know my surgery buddies and I were on liquid diet thru the thanksgiving holidays....and Dr. Joya said we could eat thanksgivng meal. I chose not too, cause I was working anyways. I personally did not really cheat. Are you taking in some protien shakes...like SF carnation instant breakfast? That helps. Do the best you can do! talk to Gerald, if it gets really bad, they may suggest something low fat...or something. I can't remember right this foggy second...but did we not do yogart or protien shake 3xday on liquid diet pre op? Hang in there, this is going to be the most wonderful journey for you!!! Sandy
(deactivated member)
on 3/5/06 1:20 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi there I will be in PV on March13th for my RNY with Dr Joya, will be there till the 24th, Hope to meet you!! I started my liquid diet on Feb 28th and so far so good, I am drinking Protein shakes and soup broth, so far I havent cheated, but I am eating SF popcicles like crazy!!
bjjantzen
on 3/5/06 9:46 pm - Katy, TX
RNY on 03/17/06 with
Thanks for all your great comments. I can't believe all the wonderful support you guys give. I am doing better now. I am eating the SF Jello like it is going out of style. I don't really like yogurt, but I have some that I will be trying today. It is getting better. I think the hardest part is having to cook for my family. 11 more days, I can do this! LOL
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views