Getting It Straight!

Lorraine Wentz
on 3/4/06 11:58 am - St. Catharines, Canada
Lots of new information and lots of mistakes! Ok, I still have no idea what my calorie intake should be. But I do now know that any amount of protein over 30g consumed in one setting will not get used. So to lay it all out, you should only consume one scoop of protein powder with one cup of milk (or whatever) in the morning and another one in the afternoon. Don't double up on the powder per drink because it's a protein and calorie waste. I am still going to watch my calorie intake. Not under a microscope, but I'm going to make sure that I evaluate on a regular basis what I'm eating and how much and when. Just to make sure I'm staying on track and under the radar! My protein shake that I posted about that shoked everyone..... let me put you all at ease and let you know that that was the first time I've made one like that! I haven't been having one of those every morning! I wouldn't have lost any weight if that was the case! It was the first time I made a protein shake with powder in a while. Per scoop, the powder didn't have the same amount of protein as my usual premade shakes do, so I thought "well, I'll just double up!" Turns out I didn't need to! So let's just chalk it up to "protein suppliment" naivety! My usual day goes as so..... Breakfast: premixed protein shake with some blended fruit. WATER WATER WATER Lunch: varies significantly, but it's ALWAYS wholesome and nutritious WATER WATER WATER Dinner: varies significantly, but it's ALWAYS wholesome and nutritious Dessert: don't always have it, but a piece of fruit or a sugar free popsicle if I do. I usually only have the one protein drink in the morning, but I'm trying to work another one in, in the afternoon. So all ya'll that were worried about me, worry no more! We all make mistakes and we all learn from them! Lesson learned and brain more protein knowledgable! Cheers! Your ditzy friend Lorraine Debate 101: Here are the two sides... First: 1st month post op = 100 calories/day 2nd month post op = 200 calories/day 3rd month post op = 300 calories/day 4th month post op = 400 calories/day etc etc et****il you reach 1200 and then you level out and keep it there. Second: You can't function on anything less than 1000 calories a day....... Anyone want to pipe in on this one?!
Just Me
on 3/4/06 1:53 pm - Happy Place, TN
Hey! I posted the first month post op=100 calories a day.... !!! And yet, I agree, you can't function on anything like that! Gonna watch this post to learn and hear what others think. ps: During about months 2-3 or maybe 3-4 I was limiting myself to 1/4 cup of ANYTHING except salad. I had 4 meals a day and they had to fit into 1/4 cups... which meant I ate about 1 cup a day. No more... it was hard to meet my monthly weight goals, but I did it. Some may say I didn't lose because I didin't have enough protein. Maybe so. By the way, I am 9 months post op and I had 1 1/2 egg, 1 toast, 1/4 cup grits, two tablespoons of waffle and I am sick as a dog. I ate WAAAYY too much and feel physically ill. Lorraine, if I wasn't so sick, I would really enjoy writing more on your posts. They are informative, educational and lighthearted. Have been from the start. I'm Really sick and I'm going to sign off... Every good thing to you Lorraine, sincerely.
Lorraine Wentz
on 3/7/06 5:06 am - St. Catharines, Canada
Goodness! I hope you didn't feel ill for too long. I'm doing pretty good with the protein intake and taking in between 900 and 1100 calories depending on my activity level for the day. Cheers! Lorraine
bridgetok
on 3/5/06 2:16 am - Sanford, NC
I'm 2 months post op and there is no way I could function on 200 calories! Good grief! That's not even enough calories for 1 protein shake! I keep very careful track of my food on fitday.coom and make sure I get at least 60 g protein, usually about 80g. My calories are a secondary concern. But this is my last 7 days of calories: 810 823 1009 1012 1046 1005 488 Looking back, I see the high calorie days were days I had salad, and the tablespoon of dressing really put me over the top. Salad will be a treat, but I was just allowed raw veggies this week, so I guess I went overboard. The low calorie day was a bad day, I didn't feel well and only had 39g protein so it was a bad day all around. Bridget
psgraham29
on 3/5/06 12:57 pm - Seattle, WA
When I get so few calories - my body seems to go into starvation mode, and I stop losing. Darn. If I pig out and eat Girl Scout cookies, too many bad carbs, and I stop losing. Darn. If I drink diet Pepsi instead of water, I stop losing. Darn. If I eat late night snacks, especially anything other than diet jello, I stop losing. Darn. If I start my day with a protein shake, drink lots of water, eat protein and be light on the carbs, I lose. Sometimes faster and sometimes slower, but heading down. Doesn't seem to matter how many calories I eat if I'm at the 900 + calorie level. -Pam 320/211/150
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views