Where to Stay???

sindarella
on 3/1/06 9:54 pm - New Castle, IN
Can anyone tell me what the motels are like. I have narrowed it down to Dr. Rumbalt, or Dr. Joya.. but I was wondering what kind of places they put you up in. I know they make those arrangments, but are they nice, and do they both have nice pools? I figure by the pool would be a nice place to read and recoup from!! I know I can't swim, but my cousin is going with me an she was orginally a mer-maid..LOL!! So she for sure wants a nice place with a pool, if she has to be my nurse for ten days...Thanks for your help ladies.. Connie
lmsmith
on 3/2/06 12:15 am - Burnaby, Canada
If you go with Dr Joya he puts you up at a really nice resort. It was beautiful!!! It has a beautiful pool and a gorgeous beach. I absolutly loved the resort. Leanne
gabriela
on 3/2/06 1:36 am - MI
Hi my name is Gabriela and I too will be going to Mexico for gastric bypass in about a month. About where to stay, Dr. Rumbaut has all his patients stay at the Hampton Inn Galerias because he needs to have his staff and him self follow up on you the days after surgery and I was told that transportation is free from that hotel to the hospital. And if you want to see the hotel for your self just go to a web site like expedia.com or anything similiar and ask for a hotel in Monterrey Mexico and it will show you all the hotels or go into the Hampton Inn website and look for the hotel in Monterrey Mexcio and that way you can read about it and see pictures. I went and looked at it already this way. I dont know about the other docter but if you get the name of the hotel I am sure you can look it up yourself. I hope this kinda helps you. Good luck.
cward2001
on 3/2/06 3:00 am - TN
Connie, I had surgery in MX on 1/19/06 with Dr. Rumbaut. The Hampton Inn Galerias was very nice. It was a little bit too cool to sit out by the pool when we were there, but everything is clean and well-tended. It's not a big pool, but big enough to enjoy. In fact, everything about the trip was great! Cindy
LinZhi's Mum
on 3/2/06 3:04 am - Wadsworth, OH
RNY on 11/30/05 with
Connie, Dr. Joya uses NHKrystal hotel and resort. It is wonderful. He has all his pts in the new tower. It has 8 hot tubs on one end, it has total of 10 pools thru out the campus. It has internet cafe, you can do internet, email and stuff, and cup of hot tea for under 6 bucks. Dr. Joya has hotel make special chicken broth for his pts. Of course the beach is nice. Laying on beach, you will have folks peddle stuff. On the pool side they are not allowed to come up to pool side. Servers will wait on you on pool or beach side, and get you bottles of water, or whatever. For your cousin, what I found good for my best friend that flew to PV. They have a continenal breakfast ( nice one) and happy hour with lots of heavy snacks every night. My friend made sure to eat at both of these, even if she just went and got some juice and fruit and brought up to room . These are free, and it made the costs of everything really low. We also went to walmart and got stryfoam cooler and kep****er and SF drinks in room. Also the evening happy hour included wine and beer ( i think beer! ). They served right by the beach. It was nice social time too. Sandy
bonnied
on 3/2/06 9:33 am - St. Albans, VT
I stayed at the Hampton Inn. There is a mall directly behind the hotel (5 min walk) a Mcdonalds's and Applebees directly outside (very conveninet for your companion). Also, while we were there they had a manager's ****tail hour with snacks and beer (free) Mon through Thurs, my hubby really loved that! Also, free breakfast each morning, ham eggs, cereals, yogurt, the works. I mention all this food, not only because I'll always be a fat girl at heart, but because it made the stay so easy for us and we saved a lot of money on meals. It was one less thing to worry about. Also, the staff is very familiar with Dr. Rumbaut's patients (other docs as well) and speak english well. Also, you can stop at the desk and reserve the free hotel shuttle van to take you anywhere, your docs apointments, sightseeing, shopping, etc. We also did not have to pay for any transportation either. I actually only spent about $100 US dollars while there on food and shopping, etc, much less than I anticipated. Although it's not called a package deal, if you use Dr. R and the Hamton Inn, it feels like one and goes really smoothly. Good luck! Bonnie
NeedHelp
on 3/3/06 6:21 am - Rockford, IL
Connie, I have been following all of your questions because I have the same ones. If insurance doesn't come through soon, I am heading to Mexico and either Joya or Rumbaut. I. Please keep us all posted on your progress. I am so excited for you. How did you decide on your doctor? I am nervous and just don't know how to trust what I read. It is nice to see someone else with the same questions. Kim M.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views