Goodness Me!

Lorraine Wentz
on 2/28/06 12:43 am - St. Catharines, Canada
This board has been moving at a snails pace these last few days! What's everyone up to?! Who has a surgery date scheduled? How are all you post-ops doing? Hope it picks up in here soon! Cheers! Lorraine
lakerskobeb
on 2/28/06 12:47 am - Canton, OH
Hi Lorraine, I know the feeling! Everyday I check the board and no one is posting! But I just thought that after my surgery I wouldn't check as much as I used to but I still do check everday. I am so interested in how all the post-ops and pre-ops are doing. The activity has been so low lately. I hope you are doing well and your weightloss seems to be progressing nicely! Good Luck Ronda
Lorraine Wentz
on 2/28/06 9:09 am - St. Catharines, Canada
Hey Ronda! I'm glad that you frequent the board still. There are so many people who need advice and someone to lean on and there's no one else who can do that other than us post-opers. I wish your statement about my weightloss progressing nicely was really true. But sadly it is not. It is excruciatingly slow right now. I am of course to blame though. I haven't been getting in any protein. My husband just changed jobs, so we're a little short on cash. Because of this, I can't get the protein drink that I'm used to and that I love. So I really haven't had any and that is the reason that I'm not losing any weight. I need to find another kind to tide me over until my husband gets his first pay check, but that's easier said than done! I'm pretty much in love with the protein drink that I usually have and am not being very open to any others. Pretty pathetic I know, but I'll pick something up tomorrow and choke it down for the next two weeks. Bleck! It's amazing what a protein drink can do to your weight loss! How is your weight loss going? I'd love to see an updated picture! I hope you are well and I hope that you continue to come here and post! Cheers! Lorraine
(deactivated member)
on 2/28/06 1:30 am - Conway, AR
Lap Band on 03/27/06 with
I am just waiting until March 25 when I fly to Puerto Vallarta to have my surgery on the 27th. I'm nervous, excited, scared, etc. Everyone keeps saying this is normal! Hope so...
Lorraine Wentz
on 2/28/06 9:14 am - St. Catharines, Canada
Oh it is more than normal! Frankly, we'd be worried if you weren't nervous, excited and scared! March 27th! That's so close! Congratulations! I wish you all the best and I hope to see you continue posting after your surgery as well! Cheers! Lorraine
sindarella
on 2/28/06 2:05 am - New Castle, IN
Hi, well I had moved away from south of the border, only because I thought I had a chance with the insurance!! Darn people!! I found out yesterday that it is a NO, no way, not happenin thing.... GRRRRR!! There is an exclusion in our policy that states no type of weight lose surgery for any one for any reason!!! (maybe not in those exact words) Any how I may be looking at south of the border even more... I think it will be with Dr. Joya.. That is the one I have chosen from what all you have had to share with me!! I know everyone has that special doctor that has done them well, but it gets confusing. Connie
(deactivated member)
on 2/28/06 5:39 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi there I am leaving March 13th, and scheduled for RNY surgery with Dr Joya!! I am really nervous but very happy!! I will be in Puerta Vallarta March 13 - 24th. Kim
Lorraine Wentz
on 2/28/06 9:59 am - St. Catharines, Canada
Ah..... Pheonix must be so nice right now! My Padre lives in Green Valley just south of Tucson. We were planning on going down there this summer, but we're going to save the cash and go somewhere we haven't been yet. March 13th is soooo close! I wish you all the best and hope that you have a safe trip! Cheers! Lorraine
Lorraine Wentz
on 2/28/06 9:18 am - St. Catharines, Canada
Insurance can kiss my, now smaller, ass!!!!! I've only heard good things about Dr. Joya. I'm sure you've made the right decision for you! Of course though, I have to say that Dr. Aguirre is THE BEST! But I may be a bit bias on that one! Do you have any idea when you might be having your surgery? I wish you all the best! Cheers! Lorraine
monna
on 2/28/06 6:14 am - brooklyn, NY
Lap Band on 05/08/06 with
Hi All, I am new to the board but I do have a scheduled date for Lap band with Dr. Joya (May 8th) Very Excited. Hope to be sending and receiving more posts. Ciao for now. Ramona
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views