Getting Nervous!

baytraci
on 2/23/06 5:39 am - Dundee, FL
I have a major question. Did anyone read the Memorial Page prior to their surgery and start questioning whether you were making the right decision or not? I am sick to my stomach! I should never have looked at it today knowing that I am leaving on Sunday. Please help. I need support.
lmsmith
on 2/23/06 7:23 am - Burnaby, Canada
I read it because I wanted to know what could happen. I already knew that I was making the right decision. I felt sick, but because I felt so much sorrow for the families of the people on teh Memorial page. Leanne
bonnied
on 2/23/06 9:09 am - St. Albans, VT
I read the memorial page several times. You do need to know that the chance is there. It will be in GOD's hands and whatever happens is out of your control. Now that being said, Dr. Rumbaut and his staff will take excellent care of you, believe me! Even after surgery, you will be asking yourself the same question. It's a normal part of this process. Once you start seeing results and your overall health gets better, you will be like "Why didn't I do this 10 years ago!" like I'm saying to myself right now! I wish you all the best of luck for a safe trip and speedy recovery! God bless! Bonnie RNY w/ Dr. Rumbaut 6/3/05 264/167/165
lakerskobeb
on 2/23/06 9:34 pm - Canton, OH
Hey Traci, I remember reading the memorial page and feeling really unsure of my decision. Then I saw all these TV specials where people went out of the country and died. Then everyone was telling me horror stories of a friend of a friend who knew a friend that died of this surgery. I heard it all and I just got tired of seeing these horror stories. I prayed and went to church and found peace with God so that I knew that if I did die or became one of those horror stories, I was going to heaven. Traci, nothing in life is promised to us and you can die on the plane on your way to get the surgery. Find the peace you need to and be confident with your decision. I am almost 2 months out and down 37lbs and it has made a world of difference. Eating isn't half as hard as I thought it would be and your body will adjust. I have only gotten sick 1 time and I have been blessed and would do this all over again in a heart beat. Best of luck and I pray you return home safely. Good Luck Ronda in OHIO
baytraci
on 2/23/06 10:27 pm - Dundee, FL
Thanks to Everyone for your kind words. I'm am better now. I am a Christian and I know if something did happen that I would be in a much better place.It was just kind of weird reading the memorials. And you are right Ronda, I could get die on the way to the airport, on the plane, or of a heart attack before I leave! We are not guaranteed tomorrow. I have many prayer warriors in my family so I am blessed already! Good luck to all pre and post ops and I am so happy to have each of you to talk to. Today is the first day of my liquids and I leave the day after tomorrow. Hugs! Traci
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views