Dr. Joya March 14th !!!

victoria
on 2/21/06 3:37 pm - Seymour, MO
I've decided to make this post once or twice more as I don't think that most people go back and read old posts and there may be some newly scheduled surgeries in the past few weeks. I will be landing in beautiful Puerto Vallarta on March 14th and having lap RNY with Dr.Joya on that evening. I am bringing two friends of my that are nurses and am very excited. Through this website, I have found a couple other folks that will be there at the same time (hey,girls!!! ) and can't wait to meet them. If you or someone you know will be there during this time period (march14-28th) email me and we'll try to hook up with you. It would be great to be a week post op and feeling great and be there for someone else just going into surgery and I have received so much support and direction from the folks on this website that I truly believe on taking it right into surgery and beyond. Victoria Kelsay
LinZhi's Mum
on 2/22/06 4:59 am - Wadsworth, OH
RNY on 11/30/05 with
Victoria, Dang girl, I wish I had not had surgery...or else I would be there. hehe! My surgery buddy will be there the week before you to have some fun...boo hoo...I wanna go!! Oh well....lets see...can you possibly feel so good by June, work couple extra shifts...and YOU come to PV and meet me.....we could drug up hubby and get him on the plane!! You know...I am pretty dense, I had no idea there might be some "fakers" being paid for testimonials. Hmmmmm...I guess I run my flapper so much...they figured they are getting the real thing for free!!! Okay...I need a run down of who is having surgery with you ....if your lurking.....let me know who you are!! LOL Hugs, Sandy
NkyBelle76
on 2/23/06 9:28 am - Union, KY
RNY on 11/29/05 with
You know Sandy, you could come and join me and Amy for our little trip back to PV. I haven't emailed Natalie yet to tell her that I'd be there. I was thinking of stopping in to see Dr. Joya and see if he'd do some bloodwork for me just to make sure I'm allll good. I feel great but never hurts to check, right?!?
LinZhi's Mum
on 2/23/06 9:38 am - Wadsworth, OH
RNY on 11/30/05 with
Girlllll, I wanna go bad, but got to save money for June trip. Your not going to believe this, I got put on Doxycline, for mild case of Rosacia (spelling?). I am to use sunscreen and no major sun anymore!!! Oh I think that would be great to get labs drawn, you might want to get them done soon as you get in town....oh well...he can always email you results if he does not get them all done. I bet it would be pretty reasonable price as well!! Yeah, and if you think you need Vit B 12 shots.....I bet he can RX them and get them there?? Are ya'll coming probley in June? Miss u guys...give Amy a big ole hug for me! Sandy
(deactivated member)
on 2/22/06 3:24 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Ill be there March 13th thru the 24th!! Cant wait to meet you!!
LinZhi's Mum
on 2/22/06 9:43 pm - Wadsworth, OH
RNY on 11/30/05 with
Congratulations!! Sounds like your going to be really having a ball, all of Victoria's group, will be an added assest, since you got some of them as nurses! Ya'll have fun, give Nathalie a big ole hug for me!! Sandy
(deactivated member)
on 2/23/06 2:38 am - Conway, AR
Lap Band on 03/27/06 with
I'll be having lapband surgery on the 27th! Yay!!!!
dancingqueen
on 2/24/06 6:43 am - NY
RNY on 03/14/06 with
hola chicas! how's everybody doing? i've been in touch with some of you, but perhaps i've missed somebody. i just made my deposit today for the surgery! YAY! gerald got my airline tickets----i'll be flying out of syracuse, ny on monday, march 13, and having my bypass done the next morning. i can honestly say that at this point, i am completely at ease with everything. i feel i've researched everything as much as possible, considered all the risks, and there's no question in my mind that i'm doing the right thing. i'm not nervous about dr joya, the procedure, being in mexico, pain.....NOTHING! i just want to "get it on" now! i also feel so blessed because all of my family and loved ones are supportive of my decision. i think i forget sometimes how fortunate i am to have such a large support network. i really feel for people who don't have that. to me, it will be 50% of the battle to have them backing me. my brother, (the r.n.) will be accompanying me to pv, which is awesome! if i can be a support for anyone out there who doesn't have enough support at home, please let me know! i hope that i can use my experience with weight loss surgery to help others who are suffering. good luck to everyone. i think dr joya is gonna have a wild group of women down there on the week of march 13th, by the sounds of things! he probably won't ever be able to forget us!
sindarella
on 2/28/06 1:37 am - New Castle, IN
Hi, I was wondering if you can tell me what your plans are for after the surgery. Who will do any of your follow up appointments afterwards? I am going to be a selfpay, but not sure who to go to after I get home, if I go south of the border.. Thanks for you help, and I wish you the best in your up coming surgery!!! GOOD LUCK!!!
victoria
on 3/1/06 4:31 pm - Seymour, MO
"Sindy", I am a RN so I have access to a lot of doctors who are willing to see me. My PCP is going to follow me. Dr. Joya is sending info to him to help him know what things to watch for. I'm having a lap RNY. If something surgical comes up, I will go to our local surgeon who performs these. I work with a great gastroenterologist who came to us from a hospital that performed these surgeries and he has done a lot of stricture dilations on gastric bypass patients and has treated alot of ulcers associated with the surgery. Some doctors don't want to mess with the low reimbursement rate on doing the fills for lap bands. But I've been told by the docs that if I have a surgical need arise, they will take care of me. I think it's a bigger deal for lap band people as they have to have those fills periodically. For RNY people, barring any complications, it's mainly monitoring your nutritional status. I hope this has been helpful.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views