Back up plan

LinZhi's Mum
on 2/25/06 9:01 am - Wadsworth, OH
RNY on 11/30/05 with
Kimberly, I had a AWSOME experience. I had surgery on Wed Eve, in my room by 2 am, and up and showering at 7 am...and on the halls walking. I went to resort by sunday, and out on the town, at a bar on Monday night. I went on a 5 hour boat cruise the following day! I researched and found Dr. Joya on the internet, then joined OH, talked with former pts, and also discussed care and issues directly with Dr. Joya and his assistant, Gerald. I took a leap of faith and great instincts. I am so blessed to have met Dr Joya and I truly owe him my life. I can't wait to see him in June, and this time......"us" girls are going to get him out on the dance floor!!! Except Missy if your reading this...I have dibs on Espinoza....or..maybe Jorge...hmmmmm I 'll take em all!!! hehehe!! Goodluck, Sandy
NeedHelp
on 2/24/06 10:24 am - Rockford, IL
Victoria, Thank you so much for taking so much time to answer my question and wow what detail. I am thinking things through and should make a final decision with in the next month. I've been thinking about it for about a year now. Thanks again, Kim M.
NeedHelp
on 2/24/06 10:31 am - Rockford, IL
Victoria, thank you for all of the detailed information. I like knowing a nurse would chose the surgeon. I hit the wrong button and posted your response later. Sorry about that. Thanks again for everything. I wish you the best. Kim M.
psgraham29
on 2/28/06 10:06 am - Seattle, WA
Don't I wish I could get paid for referrals. That would be a sweet deal. What I did to chose a Mexican surgeon was to look at people's profiles who posted on the "South of the Border" message board. Even folks that posted months, if not a year or more, ago. By reading the detailed profiles of people who had visited various surgeons -- I felt I had a good feel as to their style and procedures. I ended up with Dr. Rumbaut because I knew I wanted a lap RNY, and several of the other doctors only do open. Also, all the details I read in the profiles about the pre-surgery, surgery, and follow-up were great. It was from the profiles I found out about which folks were frustrated with their doctors or follow up care. Most of us are thrilled with our surgeries and our surgeons. Because I found other people's profiles so helpful, I wrote "a book" about my pre-surgery and surgery, so I could be the same kind of reference for somebody else. It has been 7 1/2 months, I'm down 108 pounds. I've got 62 pounds more to go. If I didn't lose another pound it was worth it. I'm still working at losing so eventually I'll get there. Pics (including bathing suit) are in my profile. I'm a very happy camper. -Pam
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views