greetings from virginia...

martyp
on 2/17/06 9:30 am - springfield, VA
hello all. i can't tell you how comforting it has been reading the posts over the last few weeks and seeing all those who unwittingly helped lead me to ensenada and dr. aguirre. thanks to the triplets, gerranne, cindy and tracy. you'll never know how the constant banter on this message board helped. tamara...thanks again to you for the walk, the company and the link home. and cathy...thanks for being there and allowing me the favor of a short visit. one year ago tonight, i was unconcious, on a ventilator, hooked up to a catheter and in an intensive care room at the cardiomed clinic. one year later i would do it all again in a heartbeat. i am no victim and fear does not rule me. i wanted my life back and i got it. all i need is a little more practice and i may actually figure out what to do with it. thanks again.
cathy.fowler
on 2/17/06 10:07 am - Mesquite, TX
Hi Marty, it's so great to hear from you!!!! I cannot believe I had the "guts" to have this surgery!! This was the best thing I ever did for myself. The only regret I have is not having surgery years earlier! I will have to admit, your problems made me second guess my decision. I knew when I saw you up and walking I would be OK. Take care and when you figure out what to do with your life-----share!! I know I look better, feel better----but, I still like to come straight home from work and chill! Take care, Cathy Fowler
Dinka Doo
on 2/17/06 2:30 pm - Medford, OR
Marty - I always looked forward to your posts. You seemed depressed, yes, but wise and ready to face your demons! Can you share with us where you are today? How about a new picture? How have things changed for you in losing weight? Thanks for checking in with us! Dina
TracyW
on 2/19/06 10:29 pm - Spring, TX
Hey Marty.... I'm glad to hear from you and glad to know things are going well.... Tell us about where your at on this journey... Let us see some pictures also if you have some... Thanks Tracy
Just Me
on 2/21/06 2:56 am - Happy Place, TN
Marty, Reading your post led me to Dr. Aguirre... I can't believe I went to Mexico to have surgery! All I had to go on were the posts on this board, and at the time... I wondered how many posts were real and how many were "incognito" posts cleverly created by the doctor himself. Dr. Aguirre is great. I do not believe I would have received better care in the united states or with another doctor. That being said, thank you for your posts... It helped lead me to one of the best decisions of my life. I only hope I can reach and attain goal. But I am far closer to that goal today because of you. Best wishes my online & fellow journey friend.
gogeko
on 2/23/06 2:50 am - Palmer, AK
Hi pat luna is doing great now. She was a little rocky at first. She had pasted out a few times in the hospital. They determinded it was the epideral causing this. And than later after being released from the hospital sh was doing good for 2 days and than all of a sudden she lost energy and threw up in the middle of the night. We are not sure what was causing that. But perhaps too much fluid was in her old stomach and needed drained.(oh,those nasty drain bags). After putting the drain bag back on she would begin to feel better but her energy level remained low. And so they wanted her to stay longer. They were concerned that there might be a partial blockage just above the y area of the surgery. So they also wanted to make sure she was able to use the bathroom and have a poop before going home. Although her energy level was low she did not have other symtoms such as fever or pain that would indicate a serious problem. As it turns out she is alright. And she is doing great now. So how are you doing? I seem to be so busy these days. And have not much time to read profile updates. In fact I havent even updated mine. I do try to read post when ever I can and respond when I can. Its good to hear from you. Hope all is going well with you. Huggs to you cindy
GerrAnn
on 2/22/06 5:50 am - Lake Havasu City/Boise, Id, AZ
Hey Marty, I think of you often and wonder how you are doing. We have all gotten so busy with our new lives that we forget our "Surgery Buddies" I am so happy to hear that you are taking your life back.. This surgery wasn't the easy way out for any of us by no means. It was just a tool to get us on the right path. Keep your chin up, it's a worthwhile struggle.. Huggs to you!! GerrAnn
gogeko
on 2/22/06 3:50 pm - Palmer, AK
Hi marty, good to see you again. I was also inspired by you. I know you had it rough for a while and you had us all scared when you had surgery. But you pulled thru. And a year later...How much have you lost? Life must be much more rewarding. It certainly is more enjoyable without thise extra, miserble pounds. I was just in ensenada last week with my twin sister. She had surgery 2.06.06 and she is doing good now. A little shakiy for a while, but she is much better now. As we were driving to ensenada with bambi we were talking about several people who have been here, and yes your name came up. I knew who he was talking about. You are still very much on thier minds. And they are hoping all has gone well with you. Look foreard to your post. Cindy
Robbin
on 2/27/06 9:02 am - OK
whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Tracy, I haven't been on here in awhile. You look great. Congrats on your loss.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views