Anyone buy RX's while in Mexico?

ShelleyM.
on 2/13/06 3:08 am - WA
My surgery is scheduled for 2/28 and my local physician suggested that I look into filling an RX in Mexico for a prescription I take daily (Lexapro), as she said RX's are much cheaper there Has anyone else done this? Thanks, Shelley
LinZhi's Mum
on 2/13/06 3:31 am - Wadsworth, OH
RNY on 11/30/05 with
Shelley, I did not get anything while I was there. But we went shopping downtown PV and in one of the shops there was a section of drugs. There seemed to be quite a few antidepressants. In Fact, I am not sure you even have to have a prescription. We did get some bactrim for my girlfriend that had bladder infection, and we did not need a RX at all. I would check with your doctor doing your procedure. He might use a certain pharmacy and have some connections on getting you the best deal. Goodluck, Sandy
Ferchie
on 2/13/06 4:51 am - Twin Falls, ID
I purchased some penicillin, and some expensive heartburn stuff for my gramma, I didn't need a scrip to buy it but we almost got into some serious trouble at the border for not haveing a scrip but he let us go because the driver told him we were going to the airport. He told us "Never let me see you here with medication with out a prescription ever again!" he was very upset. So long story short, if you buy meds have a scrip or don't tell the border guard people when they ask you if you have anything to declare, and don't tell them you were there for surgery either or else they will specifically ask you if you are taking any meds across the border. take care - Jeremy
bridgetok
on 2/13/06 8:16 pm - Sanford, NC
I did. I have psoriasis that has gone untreated for several years (I don't have health insurance and have been using OTC medication here in the States). When my surgeon saw my psoriasis, he made me an appointment with a dermatologist, who happened to be a college of his. The consult with the dermatologist was only $55 and she gave me a list of 5 medications to buy. We bought all the medication in Mexico - didn't need a Rx and they were much cheaper. For the first time in years, my skin is clear! I think of it as all part of the new me. Bridget
gogeko
on 2/15/06 5:21 am - Palmer, AK
Hi bridget I am currently in mexico with my twin sister. She had surgery last Tuesday. I wanted to find out what the Dr. Precribed for your psoriasis. Both of us have some on our knees. She is much worse than I am. We will be here for 3 more days. And if I can pick up what ever you used we would be very happy. Thank you cindy
bridgetok
on 2/15/06 8:25 am - Sanford, NC
I'm more than happy to help! I hope Luna is doing good. These are the meds I got: Domeboro - This is a fizzy foot soak. I'm sure it's more than fizz, but I can't read the package because it's spani**** softens the skin. Daivonex - This is a cream to be used 2X a day for the first 3 months. Then only 1X day for maintaince. I also bought Silkis, which is basically the same thing as Daivonex but wasn't sure if I would have a reaction to one of them so I bought both. Dermatovate - To be used 1X day for 3 months or until the psoriasis clears. Not necessary if the skin is clear. Lac-Hydrin - moisturising cream to be used daily as needed, just like regular hand cream. Works GREAT! I think all 5 medications were US $130. The foot soak & hand cream are not necessary if your psoriasis is on your knees. My worst is my feet and my knuckles. I hope this helps! Bridget
gogeko
on 2/15/06 11:08 pm - Palmer, AK
Thank you so much cindy
Dinka Doo
on 2/15/06 10:41 am - Medford, OR
I didn't get anything other than the Supradol but if I had felt up to it, I would have stocked up on things that were cheaper than my co-pay. Actually a medical professional here gave me advice about that while down there. They apparently put your drugs in a black pharmacy bag down there, so if you are seen with a black bag they know you purchased meds. She said to bring prescription bottles and containers with you and fill them up while there. Hope that helps. Dina
lmsmith
on 2/15/06 10:55 am - Burnaby, Canada
I bought a bunch of stuff. I got some Amoxocillian (sp?), my Advair for my asthma, and a couple of other things that I can't remember right now. Leanne
Lena Kay
on 2/16/06 1:13 pm - WA
I bought about six months of contraceptive pills. I brought my own packet and my doctor went with me to the pharmacy to help me get something similar with the same dosage.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views