Lap Band in Mexico, Fills in America

NeedHelp
on 2/11/06 6:00 am - Rockford, IL
Hi, I am totally new to this sight and am considering lap band in Mexico, but my biggest concern is finding a physician to do the fills in Illinois or somewhere here in America. Does anyone have any suggestions or know how this all works. I am just checking all of this out at this time.
Toots
on 2/12/06 3:17 am - Beautiful, WA
Whatever you decide, Kim, be sure you have located a Dr. in the US before you schedule. More and more surgeons in the US are declining fills for Mexico patients but that doesn't mean there aren't any out there. I live in Washington state and I have located several in my area so I went ahead and had my lapband surgery 4 weeks ago in Puerto Vallarta. (Since Dr. Joya does his fills for free I will probably vacation there once in awhile to take advantage of that. ) Toots
ShelleyM.
on 2/12/06 6:27 am - WA
Hi, I too live in Washington state (Walla Walla) and am having lap-band done in Mexico on Feb. 28th.I would really like to find a Dr. in Washington who does fills for Mexico patients or whom I can see if a problem arises. Anywhere in the state would actually be OK since we live somewhat in the middle. My Mexico surgeon also does free fills but it may even out cost-wise by the time I pay for a flight. Would you mind posting names of DR's or emailing them to me? It would be greatly appreciated. Also,do you know the approximate cost of fills? Thanks so much!! Congratulations on being 4 weeks post-surgery, it mudt be a wonderful feeling to be ON YOUR WAY!!! Shelley
Hernandez
on 2/18/06 11:39 am - Rockford, IL
Hi Kim, I am new here as well. I have a surgery date for Puerto Vallarta March 9th. I have done a little looking and I have seen that a Dr. in Downers Grove does fills for Lap Bands that have been preformed in Mexico. I too live in Rockfor*****wners Grove is a suburb of Chicago, so not that far from home for us I am going to Dr.Joya, and when I get back I will let you know how it went. Wish me Luck........It's getting close to knife time LOL Kristi
NeedHelp
on 2/19/06 6:01 am - Rockford, IL
Kristi, I would love to read your profile? Have you posted? Kim M.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views