question about PB's

cobby
on 1/31/06 10:18 am - plano, TX
I have not been banded yet, but one of my biggest fears is having a PB in public. Has this happened to many of you? Do you have time to excuse yourself? Do you have any notice of when it will happen? Thanks, Casey
(deactivated member)
on 1/31/06 1:32 pm - Los Angeles, CA
Hello: Excuse my ignorance but What is PB???? Sounds like an ugly and embarassing thing. Does the Lap RNY produce that too?? Best wishes and God Bless. Tina
cobby
on 1/31/06 10:25 pm - plano, TX
I am not sure what the correct term is, but I believe it stands for productive burp and it is when you burp up, or sometimes vomit up your food. That is about all I know, maybe some one else has a better answer. Thanks!
NACOLE j.
on 1/31/06 11:14 pm - houston, TX
Casey, I wouldn't worry too much about that. You just choose things that will not clog you up and you chew very well. That being said, i always make a mental note of where the restroom is when I walk into a place I plan on eating at. I had this problem 1 time in the begining because I was talking and not paying attention to how well I chewed the food. I certainly learned my leason and I pay attention now when I am eating out. You should also know, you don't just PB (vomit) without notice. you can feel when something is stuck and you know if you need to PB. You will always have a few minutes to get some place you are comfortable. I have never had the food just come up on it's own. I have always had to force it up though I do not know about others experiences. Nancy 7/18/05 280/210/140
mpotts
on 2/5/06 4:26 am - Grand Junction, MI
I PB'd at a resturant Friday night. Rest assured you will know ahead of time...The pressure in your chest, sliming of your mouth, etc... I just excused myself to the rest room, and while in the stall waited to see if it was going to pass through or come back up...well, back up it came. I just kind of coughed and there it was. I was eating too fast, and I know better. That was the first time I had ever PB'd and hopefully it will be my last...I learned my lesson. But, if it is not going to pass through the stoma, it is a HUDGE relief to get it out of there! Hope that helps.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views