SETTING A DATE!!!!!!!

victoria
on 1/25/06 5:53 pm - Seymour, MO
Well, I'm taking a leap of faith and making the committment, I've been chatting with Gerald and am going this week to pay my deposit for my surgery with Dr. Joya. We are scheduling surgery for March 20, 2006 in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. I am a critical care nurse and two of my critical care nurse friends are going with me. They each have 20 years experience and I know that take good care of me and look out for me if I should have problems. My husband is terrified of flying and I refuse to drive over 20 hours.....so, after much deliberation, I decided to go without him. We made a valiant effort to get enough money together to have this done in the states, but there's just no way that I could come up with it. I am so excited () and would love to hear all your stories, suggestions, and experiences. This website has been so helpful in my search for wls. I don't know what I would have done without the fellowship of others. If anyone is planning surgery around the same time, email me and we'll try to hook up while we are there. Victoria Kelsay, future healthy hottie!
Jan C.
on 1/25/06 6:42 pm - Cedar Creek, MO
congratulations Victoria, I am still getting info and money together . Cant wait to hear from you and your journey. Im so happy for you. Jan
bonnied
on 1/26/06 1:30 am - St. Albans, VT
Congrats Victoria! It's the hardest decision I ever made, but one of the best. You will not regret it! God bless Bonnie lap rny 6/3/05 264/171/165
(deactivated member)
on 1/26/06 1:36 am - Conway, AR
Lap Band on 03/27/06 with
Victoria...I'll be there one week later! You'll have to keep me posted on how it goes for you! I, too, couldn't afford to do it here and am glad we have choices! Bridget
sindarella
on 1/26/06 6:52 am - New Castle, IN
Best Wishes Victoria!! I am looking in to RNY with Dr. Joya also, if my insurance turns me down here again.. Sounds like you'll be in good hands with your friends.. Connie
Nancee
on 1/26/06 1:13 pm
Victoria, I am so excited for you. Wish I could meet you there March 20! I too am a nurse and have several Nurse friends offering to go with me when I do get a date. So I am all ready except for the money , still trying to come up with it. I will keep you in my prayers and keep you posted on my leap of faith. Nancee
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views