Anyone had Dr. Joya?

cierra925
on 1/25/06 7:38 am - Columbus, OH
Hello everyone. I am concidering surgery with Dr. Joya in Mexico. I want to get the Lap RNY. has anyone out there had Dr. Joya? if so, how did you like the environment, and the Dr himself? how did your surgery go? I am so desperate to get this done, I have been trying for about 2 1/2 yrs and have had no success here in the states. I plan to travel to Mexico as soon as I can come up with the money. Any suggestions on how to get the money? my husband thinks I should get the band, but I would rather get the RNY and be done with it. anyway, I hope to get some responses soon!!! thanks to everyone on here, I read alot of the posts on here and they help!!!
ketymo
on 1/25/06 8:32 pm - oklahoma city, OK
RNY on 01/09/06 with
Hello Aimee, I had LapRNY by Dr. Joya on Jan. 9th. I couldn't be happier. I had absolutely zero problems, Dr. Joya was fantastic, checking in on me every day while I was at the hospital. If you needed anything the nurses were there immediately. The other Drs. Dr. Espinoza and Carlos were visiting you every day at the hospital and at the hotel. The hospital was very clean, the rooms were a nice size. My mother went down with me and they have a sofa and a recliner in the room, so she stayed with me the entire time at the hospital. When we checked in at the hotel we started sightseeing almost immediately. I felt great the entire time. If you are going to have this surgery why not make it someplace like PV where you can enjoy evenings on the beach watching the sunset over the Pacific. If you have any questions just e-mail me I would be happy to answer them for you. I think Dr. Joya is a great decision...... Good luck. Kathy Montoya
bonnied
on 1/26/06 1:32 am - St. Albans, VT
I didn't have Dr. Joya, I had Dr. Rumbaut. But for the money issue, I got a personal loan from citifinancial. It has less interest than the "medical" finance companies. Good luck Bonnie lap rny 6/3/05 264/171/165
drhedg01
on 1/29/06 12:10 am - Louisville, KY
RNY on 08/15/05 with
Hi Aimee, I had Dr. Joya for lap RNY in August and the whole deal was fantastic from start to finish. They take great care of you and everyone I met while I was down there is doing well to this day. We've all lost a lot of weight and are feeling great. Good luck and e-mail me if you have any specific questions! Donna 333/245/150
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views