anyone 65 or older here

Jan C.
on 1/24/06 11:15 pm - Cedar Creek, MO
hey I will be 65 before i have the money to have this done ....is anyone else here that age and what doctor did you us . how did you get along. etc etc. any warnings what???!!!
y0maria
on 1/26/06 1:10 am - CA
My mother was 67 when she had her surgery done in Oregon. Although she was the next to the oldest patient he had ever "done" she came through the surgery with flying colors and has lost a little over 100 pounds.
Jan C.
on 1/26/06 1:35 am - Cedar Creek, MO
thanks Mary for the reply...It is just that some people have said oh what in the world do you want to do this far at your age...Well I feel young inside and want to do a lot of different things that I cant do now...I guess they expect me to just curl up and die now that I am retired.
bonnied
on 1/26/06 1:50 am - St. Albans, VT
GO for it Jan! You are not too young! I'm a nurse in a nursing home/rehab facility and take care of lots of young people who have been devastated by the effects of obesity, several of them are under 40. I say go for it! Anything you can do to make your life better would be worth it wouldn't it? Have you picked a doc yet? Bonnie lap rny 6/3/05 264/171/165
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views