Help! Stomach Cramps!!!

lakerskobeb
on 1/24/06 10:08 pm - Canton, OH
Hi you guys, I am now 2 weeks post-op and have a question. I get really bad stomach cramps at night and I don't know whats causing them. Last Friday I had to go to the er because I was having bad cramps after drinking some yogurt. I had x-rays done and everything was fine so I took morphine and hadn't had problems since until about 2 nights ago. As soon as I would lay down I get the worse cramps and I can hear stuff moving around in my stomach. The cramping continues for about 2 hours then it will stop. I thought it was gas pains but I can't pass gas. Last night I took Milk of Magnesia and it helped me pass gas and have a bm then I felt much better and was able to rest all night. But I don't think this is normal. My cat scan showed that my small intestine was a bit enlarged but the doctor said it was probably because I was fresh from surgery. I am so worried this problem will persist into a bowel obstruction. I am not throwing up but I am becoming increasingly worried. Anyone else have this problem? Ronda
pattycake
on 1/24/06 11:22 pm - macon, GA
hey, i am sorry you're not feeling well. are you still just doing liquids? i think you'll be fine. at two weeks i was having a lot of cramps whenever i ate anything at all even just soup and sugar free jello. stop reading about the different complications. give yourselftime to heal and keep atking "the pink stuff" to help with gas. i'll be praying for you. i love you. congratulations again. remain positive.
nwlisac
on 1/25/06 7:18 am - Gresham, OR
Hi Ronda When I would have gas pains, I would lay on my left side (I know it is hard with the binder). But if you are able to, the weight of your organs pressing down on your other organs may move those gas bubbles along. If it is in fact gas, this might be worth a try. Good luck Lisa
Just Me
on 1/25/06 9:05 am - Happy Place, TN
Be careful what you eat. Take a good probiotic such as acidopholis or bifidophilus to help promote a healthy environment within the colon. Peppermint has a long history of helping to relax the muscles along the colan. The only time I was ever sick (dumping/sugar overhaul) was from a yogurt. I now, (7 months out) drink a little kefir. Google kefir if you want to know more about it. Take an acidopholis or bifidophilus tablet/vitamin... But, since you have the milk of magnesia and it worked... try it again. Follow the other suggestion about sleeping on your side. IT WORKS. and for others who are interested.. here is a neat little website. http://colonhealth.net/colon_hydrotherapy/you-may-be-suffering-chronic-constipation.htm
Ferchie
on 1/26/06 4:21 am - Twin Falls, ID
I had that same problem, my PCP said it was my peices and parts going back to their normal position. It was uncomfortable at times and painful at times and then it just stopped one day and i havn't had that problem since. keep and eye on things though, it may be more of a problem than what i had... Jeremy
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views