A Done Deal

(deactivated member)
on 1/23/06 3:22 am - Conway, AR
Lap Band on 03/27/06 with
I've done it. I've taken the first step in doing this. And now the terror begins. My mother-in-law passed away Thursday; on the trip home, I finally had the chance to talk with my husband about this. He said, "So, PV...here we come!!" What a guy! I made the deposit into Dr. Joya's account today. I will make airline arrangements tomorrow. I will get the certified check also. Then, it's a waiting game. Tell me I've done the right thing...
LinZhi's Mum
on 1/23/06 4:46 am - Wadsworth, OH
RNY on 11/30/05 with
Congratulations Bridgit!! You have done the right thing!! Your going to be in great hands. Have you found you a follow up fill doctor there at home? I am so excited for you! Sandy
Toots
on 1/23/06 8:01 am - Beautiful, WA
I know how you feel, Bridget. I had surgery in P.V. a week ago today w/Dr. Joya (lapband) and I am soooooo glad it's finally over. Once I made the decision I was terrified, but I actually felt better after I paid and had the "no turning back" attitude kick in. Best of luck to you and feel free to e-mail me if you have questions, even though I am still kind of a newbie in this arena. Toots
BeeHappe
on 1/23/06 11:21 pm - Hinton, IA
RNY on 08/09/05 with
Congrates Bridget!!! You made the plunge!!! You will not regret one minute of this life changing event!! It will be great for you!! Everyone there is great!! They will take great care of you!! You are doing the right thing!! Just make sure you have a follow up doc here in the States that will take over your case when you get back. That is so important and join a support group if there is one in your area. These help alot!! Please email if you any questions!!! Take care. Jen 275/189/150?
victoria
on 1/25/06 6:01 pm - Seymour, MO
Whooo, Hoooo! Good job, girlie! When are you going? I am at the same point as you, the first day I am off, I am going to make my deposit. I am scheduling with Dr. Joya on March 20. My husband isn't going. He's afraid of flying. A couple of my girlfriends are going (they are critical care nurses). I am so excited I am about to crap my pants! Sorry for the vulgarity....but how does one describe this feeling.......You have to tell yourself that you've done the right thing. But I am so happy for your courage to do something so big for yourself. I think that's a big part of it for a lot of us......that whole telling yourself that you deserve this thing. Hang in there, you are probably going to second guess yourself from now until you are feeling better, and that's okay. Just remember that YOU ARE WORTH IT!!! Victoria Kelsay
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views