pre-op tests

Julie G.
on 1/20/06 7:59 pm - Glennallen, AK
VSG on 08/02/07 with
Hello all This might sound like an odd question, but I'm wondering how much it costs for all the pre-op tests? I don't have any health insurance at all, and I don't even have a regular doctor. I'm looking at having DS surgery with Dr. Ungson in Mexico, and I know I'll have to have a whole bunch of tests and blood work done before I go. Is there anyone out there who knows how much all the pre-op tests will cost? Thanks for all your help--Julie
bridgetok
on 1/21/06 10:30 am - Sanford, NC
Hi Julie. I don´t know about Dr Ungson. I had lap RNY with Dr Rumbaut 2 days ago and all the pre-OP tests were included in the cost of the surgery. Maybe you can email Dr Ungson and ask if he does that as well. I had blood drawn, an EKG, and an Xray. I might be forgetting something, but I think that is all. It was all arranged ahead of time and done here in Mexico the day before the surgery. Bridget
Julie G.
on 1/21/06 6:08 pm - Glennallen, AK
VSG on 08/02/07 with
Bridget, Dr. Ungson said they could do the tests there but he wants all his patients to have them done before they come down, because he doesn't want us to travel all the way down there and then find out we have something wrong and can't go through with the surgery. Thanks for your help -Julie
Valerie5980
on 1/22/06 9:14 pm - Lee, FL
Hi Bridget! This is Valerie from Florida, we spoke before. How are you feeling? It's my turn next, I leave for Monterrey tomorrow morning and will be there before 11am, then pre-op tests and all that! I hope I will see you there! I heard you can hang out downstairs at the hotel and meet up with everyone...Now I'm starting to get a little nervous! How is the weather there? It's cloudy and rain here in North Florida this morning, hope it's sunny there. Well, hope to meet you!
bridgetok
on 1/23/06 1:17 am - Sanford, NC
Hey Valerie I´ll be here through Thursday, so we should definately meet up. I´ve met several of Dr Rumbaut´s patients. I was hoping to meet Cindy Ward but we never met up. There is a business center in the hotel just off the lobby, and you can use the computers here. It´s really nice. Cool weather today. Maybe in the 50´s. Colder than Ft Lauderdale! Have a good trip. I had a bad flight-s, you can read about it in my profile. I´ll see you tomorrow maybe. Bridget
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views