Looking for surgery in Mexico

eliz
on 1/19/06 9:56 am - Lacey, WA
I know there are forums here, but can't figure out how to connect to them. Being a self-pay, I decided to consider surgery away from home. Please sent me email with positives about surgeons and experiences -- and warnings as to where NOT to go. [email protected] Thank you very much. I appreciate your input and help! Elizabeth
pattycake
on 1/19/06 10:55 pm - macon, GA
i had my surgery in mexico in june 2005 with Dr. aguirre. i recommend him 100%. i received the best care. i was afraid and so i did a lot of research and contacted a lot of his patients and i am so happy i went to him. you're in good hands if you go to dr. aguirre. he is in ensenada BC.
Just Me
on 1/20/06 4:17 pm - Happy Place, TN
I recommend Dr. Aguirre as well. There is an add which reads "Why have an OPEN gastraic Bypass if you can afford having it Laparoscopically" My answer to that is... I would rather have a surgeon who has performed over a thousand OPEN gastric surgeries, SUCCESSFULLY, than choose a surgeon who is just learning the laparoscopic procedure. Remember, the doctor's SKILL level is what is important. And I thoroughly believe I could find no better skilled surgeon in my local Mid-South area... He was great.. He is aMexico/Ensenada surgeon
Bellina925
on 1/20/06 10:33 pm - Margate, FL
I had my surgery with Dr. Roberto Rumbaut in Monterrey Mexico. He does lap-band & RYN .He is know all over the world & is tops in his field. I couldent have asked for a better surgeon. He also has been banded himself for 7 + years & understands what we all have been going through. If you click on my profile there is a link to my web-page to read more. Hope this helps & Best Of Luck!!!
Rita W.
on 1/21/06 2:10 am - Billings, MT
There are links to the left of this board that say Bariatric Surgeons in Latin America that will give you names, etc. of Mexican surgeons. I personally was banded on 1/10/06 in Tijuana by Dr. Kuri. Beautiful new hospital, lots of support, and he's one of the most experienced surgeons doing lap banding in the western hemisphere. I'm totally satisfied.
cierra925
on 1/23/06 5:07 am - Columbus, OH
Hello Rita, I was planning to have surgery with Dr. Verboonen in Mexico. I have to pay out of pocket, and was wondering how much Dr. Kuri charges for the laproscopic lap band surgery? can you help me out? also, have you heard anything about Dr. Verboonen? thank you!!! Aimee
bonnied
on 1/24/06 1:43 am - St. Albans, VT
I had lap RNY with Dr. Rumbaut! Best choice I ever made! Read my profile He is fabulous and the San Jose hospital is tops too! I have absolutely no bad experiences to report. Good luck! Bonnie lap rny 6/3/05 264/171/165
(deactivated member)
on 4/5/06 6:48 am - Los Angeles, CA
Hi Elizabeth Instead of Mexico, I had my RNY in Bogota, Colombia with Dr. Mikler. It was wonderful. Before make any decision you should talk to him, he can give you a very good price. Good Luck Angela
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views