Conquered Protein Powder!!

lmsmith
on 1/19/06 3:34 am - Burnaby, Canada
I having been having the hardest time getting in my protein as just thinking about the powders makes my stomach turn and makes me run for the toilet. I know it's all in my head and psychological. I have been on a plateau for about 1.5 weeks and it's probably due to not getting in enough protein. Today, I told myself that enought was enough!!! I didn't have this surgery to only lose 35lbs!! I have to get over my head issues!!! I added a scoop of unflavored powder to a cup of turkey broth that my mom made me and forced myself to drink the whole cup. The first 2 sips I was actually gagging!!! I persevered and drank the whole thing. Funny thing is, you can't taste it. It was all in my head!!! I now know that and am going to start adding it to more stuff so I can get in at least 70-90 gms of protein a day instead of the 30-40 I have been getting. __________________ Leanne Lap RNY 12/16/05 Dr Joya, PV Mexico 274/247/212/150
kmsheart
on 1/19/06 6:10 am - kenner, LA
Leanne, I am so glad that you have finally Conquered Protein Powder!! I can fully understand not being able to drink something because of your brain telling you YUCK!!!! I think this is my worst fear about the surgery the protein powder afterwards .... so I am planing on buying a few here and there to sample before so aferward I can just do it !!! lol Keep up the good work ... on the losing side ... one day soon I will join you and the others at losing....... Hugs Kim
vickig
on 1/21/06 9:43 pm - CRAWFORD, GA
i am surviving off of samples from bariatric eating.com they are worth every pennie to not be stuck with a canister of powder i will never use! really, i haven't found one that i wouldn't try again on there site! they don't have every one there is because there nit all good. they really do weed out the bad!
Kelli ~.
on 2/1/06 3:10 pm - Atwater, CA
I know how you feel. I like my chocolate mint protein mix but for now I am on clears because of having the surgery. I am now using the unflavored and the taste is something else, well it's just plain not pleasing that is for sure. I now know to put it in my orange juice and blend it up pretty good which makes it taste like an orange julius. I haven't tried putting it in anything else since I am on liquids but I plan on it later. I might look around for another flavor and a higher protein intake mix. Right now I get 17g a serving, I know Isopure is the best but it is soo expensive. I wish you the best of luck and whatever type of mix you use please let the rest of us know. Good Luck! Kelli
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views