Dr. Joya?

victoria
on 1/15/06 7:02 pm - Seymour, MO
I have spent the last six months looking for a surgeon for my lap RNY. Although I haven't entirely ruled out surgery in the US (I promised hubby I'd at least try to get enough money together to have done in the states) I am leaning heavily toward surgery with Dr. Joya in PV. I've had some contact with Linzeys mom here on website but would like to hear from other patients of Dr. Joya's. I want the good, the bad, the financial, and the ugly. Looking at having the procedure in late March or early April. Would love to hook up with someone else going there then, also. My husband won't fly, so if I go, I'll be leaving him home and will probably take a nurse friend of mine. I'd appreciate any/all feedback. Victoria kelsay
lmsmith
on 1/16/06 2:56 am - Burnaby, Canada
I had a great experience with Dr Joya and his staff. I went down by myself as my hubby couldn't get the time off work. The staff was wonderful and made sure that I was well taken care of. My brother also had his surgery done by Dr Joya and had a great experience as well. The cost for us was $12000.00 and that included our airfare, the only additional costs were the extra nights in the hotel after surgery. I think the price is now $12500 and includes the extra nights in the hotel afterwards. Leanne LAP RNY - Dec 16/05 Dr Joya PV Mexico 274/247/212/147
(deactivated member)
on 1/16/06 12:24 pm - Conway, AR
Lap Band on 03/27/06 with
Victoria... I'm hoping to be there March 27th. I am planning on arriving on the 25th and leaving the morning of the 29th. Want a vacation along the way...lol. Bridget *** I chose Dr. Joya because of his expertise with the surgery, his prices, his staff, the hospital, and the rave reviews he's gotten.
BeeHappe
on 1/17/06 1:30 am - Hinton, IA
RNY on 08/09/05 with
Hey Victoria: I know what you are going through!! I have been there myself. But I can tell you that I made the best decision to go with Dr. Joya!! My boyfriend wanted me to have it done in the states also, but I refused to pay twice as much here as I could in Mexico. Then I got better care in Mexico as I would have here!! Make sure you check out all our profiles and get all the scoop!!! Good luck with your decision. Jen 275/190/150
NkyBelle76
on 1/17/06 7:07 am - Union, KY
RNY on 11/29/05 with
Victoria, I had my lap RNY with Dr. Joya back in November. The whole experience with Dr. Joya and his staff was wonderful. I received very good care at the hosptial and my sister who went with me and is a nurse even said that I would have not gotten the same care here in the states. So if you decide to go this route, rest assured that you will receive top notch care! Melissa
rahnava
on 1/17/06 8:01 am - LaPlace, LA
I just booked for Dr. Joya to have surgery on March 13th. It was a hard decision but I am already ok with going to Mexico and going to him for the surgery. There is a special now and the price went down a bit, but you have to book before the end of January. I am happy with the decision and have read a lot of good things about him and his staff. I put a lot of research into this because I have a lot at stake: my life, three kids, etc. If you want to you can keep in touch with me and I will tell you how it went. You won't have to worry about me candy coating anything. I will tell you the truth. I am in nursing school right now and I am going on my spring break. My Husband is Mexican so he will be of some help there . I am also interested in hearing from some of his patients also.
LinZhi's Mum
on 1/18/06 2:34 am - Wadsworth, OH
RNY on 11/30/05 with
Congratulations RaRa You will not be disappointed in Dr. Joya and his staff. Are you having lapband or RNY? You will do great, and love the town, the staff, the hospital. goodluck, Sandy
rahnava
on 1/18/06 7:29 am - LaPlace, LA
I'm getting the lapband. I can't wait. My Husband is Mexican and I told him that he has to ask for everything for me. I wanted to get him involved so he can feel special too.
lmsmith
on 1/18/06 9:21 am - Burnaby, Canada
Language wasn't an issue with Dr Joya or the hospital staff. Their English was pretty good, and those whose english wan't so good, were good at charades. Leanne LAP RNY - Dec 16/05 DR Joya - PV Mexico 274/247/212/147
*tillys_mom*
on 1/17/06 2:47 pm - mount vernon, WA
I had my surgery with him on November 23. It was great and I totally recommend him. However i had trouble with the mental aspecpts of it. It doesnt just switch your brain. Make sure you have aftercare here because my mom and i really are struggling with changing our diet and eating enough. Make sure you have a support system because when you dont feel good you are going to want someone there. Financially it was good for us the good was that it was easy to recouperate there. I never would have wanted to get out of bed there. The bad is the drain tube is annoying, the beds are way way hard,we didnt want to come home. The good is nathalie or however you spell her name. Well have to get back to work so if you have any other questions go ahead and ask.
Most Active
Recent Topics
My journey
AbiM · 0 replies · 433 views
Mexico said NO
waarce · 0 replies · 628 views
Dr. Alvarez, Endobariatrics
msmith434343 · 0 replies · 1212 views
Surgery at Pompeii Surgical?
JCler97080 · 4 replies · 1838 views